Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2004 GTX Supercharged Exhaust HELP!!!!!

I have a 2004 GTX SC and want to do a rear exhaust but don't want to loose my O.P.A.S cause i pull alit of skiers and tubes and don't want the ski to slide on me so can i maybe mount the hole higher than usual and have a custom free flow pipe made any suggestions???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummer0314 View Post
    I have a 2004 GTX SC and want to do a rear exhaust but don't want to loose my O.P.A.S cause i pull alit of skiers and tubes and don't want the ski to slide on me so can i maybe mount the hole higher than usual and have a custom free flow pipe made any suggestions???

Man, I think OPAS removal is require for the thru-hull. The good news is that you can get RE's (Race Engineering) block offs. These actually replace the void left when you remove the OPAS paddles and will give you awesome handling. It will prevent porpoising (front of ski bouncing) as well as give razer sharp turns. Look into it.

And welcome to the forum

--jeremy

hey there i will check those out just dont want the ski sliding all over the place while pulling people.

+1
    hey there i will check those out just dont want the ski sliding all over the place while pulling people.
    1) check and make sure the OPAS paddles are in the down positions

2) You have to remember the ski is lighter than a ski boat so when a skier/boarder diggs in to one side or the other you may feel some tugging.

I have pulled a wake boarder a few times, and I just dealt with the tugging.

+1

Welcome to the forum!!

If you wanting to keep opas it will be very dificult to install thru hull especially in your 3 seater. You going to have alot of trouble being able to tighten clamps on thru hull. This normally is done where the opas is located on a 3 seater.
    I had a friend just get done trying to put a GH box on a RXT with opas and it was not going to work without the exhaust pipe touching opas boot and would eventually rub. You might be able to get the clamps tight by reaching in from the front without having VTS in the way but it will be PITA. But i think it will rub opas boot.

My recomendation would be to keep stock exit if you want to keep opas.

i mean does the opas even help with puling skiers cause arnt they only digging in at low rpm's???

+1
    They are down when idle OR when the ski comes out of the water...usually when off throttle. Cruising just on plane, the paddle are up not doing anything for you.

Most members remove them to reduce drag...for top speed.

ok so they are pointless then for towing so really im not making a difference leaving them or taking them off???

+1
    i mean does the opas even help with puling skiers cause arnt they only digging in at low rpm's???
    I dont think opas would make alot of difference but i guess it might. IMO, a skier can pull the back end of PWC because of size. I know good skiers that can pull arround small boats, so i think it it what what it is.

IF you ditch the opas I would think the RES would help by extending the hull and not be any loss with grip compared to OPAS.
    If you ditch the opas and dont replace void then it might hurt.

You might look into installing VTS, when i have pulled tubes with T-X this helps more then anything.
    I think to install VTS on GTX might be a PITA cuase of ecu but not sure.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    I dont think opas would make alot of difference but i guess it might. IMO, a skier can pull the back end of PWC because of size. I know good skiers that can pull arround small boats, so i think it it what what it is.

IF you ditch the opas I would think the RES would help by extending the hull and not be any loss with grip compared to OPAS.
    If you ditch the opas and dont replace void then it might hurt.

You might look into installing VTS, when i have pulled tubes with T-X this helps more then anything.
    I think to install VTS on GTX might be a PITA cuase of ecu but not sure.
    Good point Steven...VTS would give bigger wake too for boarding/skiiing. Good call.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information