Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Pro vs Con for opas

Should I leave on the opas or take it off please tell me why u think one way or the other. No yes or no Ancers please.

Quote Originally Posted by fireman View Post
    Should I leave on the opas or take it off please tell me why u think one way or the other. No yes or no Ancers please.
    What model do you have?

A lot of people take them off for various reasons... They tend to make the back end squirrely and grab on crosswakes. Some peoples opinion is that they scrub speed. If you go with an thru-hull exhaust, it is a lot easier to install and work on.. It really is a matter of opinion.... I have RE's and like them a lot!

08 rxp-x

You might want to list the ski you are asking about. OPAS on RXPs does not move up and down like the OPAS on GTXs and RXTs. If you have a GTX or RXT, you can cut two 3/4 " PVC 2" long, put a 1/4" slot in them and pop them on the OPAS with the OPAS held up. Then you can see what it feels like without actually removing the OPAS. The RXT IS & GTX IS don't have OPAS this year... Ron

I took my opas off my 07 rxp,i found that it was the same as before on straight runs,but slightly more skitty if turning very hard at speed,doughnuts are far better and easier,ive just added RE kit but havent tested....im looking for hookup,speed,allso i was surprised how much the opas i removed weighed

on a rxpx, is better to not take off. isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by danieletrono View Post
    on a rxpx, is better to not take off. isn't it?
    Most will say that it depends on if you want to go straight fast, or turn fast... Ron

Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    Most will say that it depends on if you want to go straight fast, or turn fast... Ron
    I FOUND,the opas,which was added to help with steering at OFF POWER works very well,but as soon as you punch it, it becomes redundant...as for turning at speed,say 40/50,mph for me on the sea they do nothing at all,the slower you go the better they work........they had to go.....simply not needed,im hopeing to gain (grip,hookup) from the REs as yet not tested....just my experience

get rid of them!!!! i have pro block offs on my rxt-x and im not sure if there is any perfromence gain but the opas only ever seemed to work at speeds under 15mph! the block offs look much better and one problem i did notice with my opas was that they were not adjusted right and at low speeds my ski would pull slowly to the left.

imo. the opas are just one more moving part that can F-UP - removing them will not affect turning at speeds over 15mph what so ever - removing them can only improve your hole shot if anything - you wont have to worry about getting seaweed stuck on them anymore (yes it happend to me) - and the pro series hull extensions look dead sexy and say riva racing on them so hot girls looking at your ski might think your some kinda racer lmao

+1
    one problem i did notice with my opas was that they were not adjusted right and at low speeds my ski would pull slowly to the left.
    Mine do the same thing. When I had it apart to repitch the prop I tried to adjust them to get them even and couldn't do it. They both still hang out from the hull and are uneven.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information