Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

04 RXP Plugs or?

Heya,

Having a problem with my ski at the moment.. and really not sure if it is the plugs.. The ski seems to be a bit jolty, like theres a coil working and then it's not. Low RPM etc.

Things is, i just replaced 2 faulty coils, so they should be fine now and i still have a problem! It's like, no speed..

Thought i'd have a look at the plugs, pulled them all out.. but being 19 and a newbie i have no idea what im looking for!
    Heres some pics,
    I thought maybe if anything the one on the left looks a bit stuffed?

Any help is muchly appreciated! And no, it is not the supercharger! :P haha, i def. have the metal washers in it! what else can i check?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	112361   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	112362  

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    so you say you replaced 2 coils are you sure the third is good?
    Best way to determine if plugs are any good is just fit new ones they are cheap so dont even bother putting old ones back in.

+1
    I Had a simular problem and it eventualy failed fully it turned out to be the Throttle Position Sensor TPS

Looking at your plugs there is alot of corrotion on the plugs around the Hex and above that might lead to tracking up the inside of the coil. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Benazz View Post
    Heya,

Having a problem with my ski at the moment.. and really not sure if it is the plugs.. The ski seems to be a bit jolty, like theres a coil working and then it's not. Low RPM etc.

Things is, i just replaced 2 faulty coils, so they should be fine now and i still have a problem! It's like, no speed..

Thought i'd have a look at the plugs, pulled them all out.. but being 19 and a newbie i have no idea what im looking for!
    Heres some pics,
    I thought maybe if anything the one on the left looks a bit stuffed?

Any help is muchly appreciated! And no, it is not the supercharger! :P haha, i def. have the metal washers in it! what else can i check?

Benazz, It would help if you # your plugs so we know which cylinder it came out off. This would help you and help the viewers to take an educational guess through your picture. Unless you arrange the spark plug in the picture as 1-3 or 3-1 do you still have the 2 faulty coils? The second picture, the middle plug has a clean burn. are those the same plugs in both pictures? Don't rule out the Super Charger and all the hose fittings, they are all parts of the "Equation" to make your ski run right

Hey, i still have both the coils, they are cracked and a bit rusty... The plugs in pic 2 are the same ones in pic 1, i just turned them around as to give a view of both sides...

So do you think these could cause a problem? i havnt replaced the 3rd coil.. but at 220$ a pop its not much fun.. =P

Where can i pick up some plugs? Would a car place have some?

How old are the plugs? They don't appear to be very new. I would start by putting in new plugs... Ron

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    any repco etc will have them, if you know anyone with a 4tech seadoo borrow a coil and ride it all 4techs use the same coil so doesnt have to be same year or model as yours

Yeh thanks! ill start by changing the plugs, other people have told me they are surprised they still work! :s
    someone recommended (Denso XU27EPR-U)..

Anyone clarify for me if these are good? Cheers..

(also, would having mods change the recommendation?)

Denso plugs are expensive; I would get the ski running right before going with the Denso plugs... Ron

Yeh good idea, i have no idea how old the plugs are as i bought the ski 2nd hand..
    so yeh, prolly long past due for a change, how often should i change them?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information