Thread: Riding hard

Smile Riding hard

I just wanted to say that yes seadoos are meant to be ridden hard and fast,But there is a way to do that and at the same time be as easy on the engine as possible.Take time to warm it up.If supercharged ,Do not go from full throttle to snapping throttle shut,ease down from WOT.LIttle things like this will make your S/C washers last longer ,It would be nice if they had a waste gate like a turbo but the slipper clutch is all for now.Keep your oil changed faithfully.TReat it like a high performance machine which it is,not like a water toy to take out and act up on.You can ride fast ,do cool stunts ,and not tear up your ski.Sitting on the sidelines while your ski gets rebuilt watching your buddies ride is no fun.So stick to maint.use a little restraint ,and then ride like hell!JMHO>Marvin

Very true... Thnx 4 the info bro..

+1
    Amen!

I have owened two skis and always looked after them very well and i can say that i never have had a problem with either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjetskey View Post
    I just wanted to say that yes seadoos are meant to be ridden hard and fast,But there is a way to do that and at the same time be as easy on the engine as possible.Take time to warm it up.If supercharged ,Do not go from full throttle to snapping throttle shut,ease down from WOT.LIttle things like this will make your S/C washers last longer ,It would be nice if they had a waste gate like a turbo but the slipper clutch is all for now.Keep your oil changed faithfully.TReat it like a high performance machine which it is,not like a water toy to take out and act up on.You can ride fast ,do cool stunts ,and not tear up your ski.Sitting on the sidelines while your ski gets rebuilt watching your buddies ride is no fun.So stick to maint.use a little restraint ,and then ride like hell!JMHO>Marvin
    SAD thing is lots of guys do just as you say and yet in 2008,very expensive toys just aint up to it,washers are still a major issue,if these were cars,or motorcycles,and these problems persisted they would be sorted,they sell these toys as powerful sports skis,they must know that people buy them for that kind of use,how many guys would buy a 08 ski with confidence.....most are waiting to see what happens to the ones that do....seems harsh on the wallet for the guy that buys the LATEST,ski hopeing to get performance reliability,and be able to thrash it now and then.......without major f;[k ups

Cheers for the advice, if never told, i'd never know that stopping quickly from WOT would slowly do damage.
    will be taking this onboard

Thread Information