Exclamation RXT-X pump support or RIVA extension kit?

Hi guys,

I have big dilemma, which the better?
    RXT 2007 with Riva Pump extension kir or I change pump support on RXT ( and ride plate, intake grate and shaft ) and change to RXT-X parts?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by repsol View Post
    Hi guys,

I have big dilemma, which the better?
    RXT 2007 with Riva Pump extension kir or I change pump support on RXT ( and ride plate, intake grate and shaft ) and change to RXT-X parts?
    good question

I personally think holeshot and acceleration will be better with the T-X setup cause it allows more water into the pump.
    But top end is a good question.

i know riva had a pump extension 4 the rxp i didn't know they had 1 for the rxt but if u got a 07 rxt put the rxt-x ride plate intake grate (works intake grate 4 the X modoe) pump shoe and drive shaft maybe a few other small parts by doing this u will be setting ur pump back 2'' and be getting a larger intake grate

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    I'm going to do both.

Quote Originally Posted by 05Limited View Post
    I'm going to do both.
    so riva has a pump extension kit for the rxt or r u going with another brand i guess if ur doing both then u'll get a set back pump kit with drive shaft for the rxt-X and everything else but the rxt-x drive shaft

+1
    If you do both the shoe/rideplate & pump extension, the VTS will be a simple install. I will come with the right size VTS rod. It never stops...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    so riva has a pump extension kit for the rxt or r u going with another brand i guess if ur doing both then u'll get a set back pump kit with drive shaft for the rxt-X and everything else but the rxt-x drive shaft
    here you go. riva kit for RXT

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1029

good deal

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiguan RXP View Post
    If you do both the shoe/rideplate & pump extension, the VTS will be a simple install. I will come with the right size VTS rod. It never stops...
    The pump shoe/ride plate up grade is another way to get a 2" extention on a RXT and yes the VTS bolts right on at that point but don't forget the wiring to make that VTS work. Thats another $330.00+ the handle bar controls unless you can find everything used. Its way easier to just buy a pump extention kit, easier meaning you pretty much just bolt on the kit and go. The pump shoe way is a LOT of work but for some will be well worth it.

+1
    I am converting mine to the X setup to eliminate the crap pump shoe design on the RXT. I have heard holeshot is killer with the X setup and stays planted through the surf, but my ski had both holeshot and stayed planted before, but I guess it takes it to another level. As for top speed that is a big concern for me as it took a lot of tweaking to get me where I am today. From my understanding I will need to run a bigger ring for the added water volume. I am going to leave the ring and prop alone and use the Riva grate since that is what I used before to test apples to apples, then adjust the rings and prop accordingly. I may also use the R&D or Worx grate. Also since I am replacing the plate I am going to have Jim work his magic on it to gain a little more there.

Here is my how to thread I have started. Hope to have the parts except for the shaft (has to come from Canada) today. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=82232

As for VTS I did my complete install for just under $300. All the parts were used. I also have a how to on that http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=73529

Thread Information