how to go faster on my o8 vx deluxe any help

can someone help me. how can i get my ski to go faster i just change my impeller. hope that helps a little. im new to this. this is my first ski. i have an 08 vx deluxe 110.

+1
    There's not much available for the VX's. My guess is that a power filter and free flow exhaust might help make a little more power and a ride plate and intake grate should give you a little more speed but definately better handling & hookup. A good friend of mine has a stock VX cruiser and the best speed we've seen on a GPS is ~54. The above mods might give you 2-4 mph, but don't expect a 65 mph ski. Typically the main reason to change props is after adding HP, so I'm not sure how much difference it will make on a stock VX without doing other mods. Use the search feature and you can probably get some results from others who have tested different props on your ski.

You get 10% off Riva & R&D parts from the online store using coupon code "greenhulk" http://www.4-tecperformance.com/

thanks.i will do that

+1
    You got me curious to see what aftermarket parts were available for your ski because I've been trying to convince my buddy to do some on his VX. It doesn't look like Riva or R&D make a rideplate for that model, but you might want to contact Jim's Performance to see if he can get more speed from the stock plate...BUSINESS # (727)786-1177 CELL # (727)365-5132

ok thanks i will give them a call

+1

I also run a second ski, being an 07 VX. RIVA's RPM kit for the VX which I purchased included new impeller (can't remember exact #'s off-hand but will check), intake grate, power filter, and free-flow exhaust. I saw a noticeable difference in both acceleration and top-end speed. Haven't GPS'd it but speedo consistently runs around 56-57mph now(after hit 40hrs or so)whereas stock it didn't do much more than 52-53. Defo more low-end grunt though, and she handles/turns very crisply. Great ski for wakeboarding too. These days I spend most of my time on da SHO tho. Anyways, first hand, I think it was money well spent!

Thread Information