Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ear candles

+1

Ear candles

With the cold weather hitting most of us and reading about alot people getting sick and all. You all should try these out. You wont beleive the stuff they will pull from your ears. You can get them at any health food store. The one I get mine at, they have them at the checkout in a jar almost like beef jerky. As well as quiting smoking I did these and I did not catch a cold for nearly 5 years. Before when I would get sick I was out of it for days. The last one I got was just a slight cough and the sniffles. In addition I would take echinachia, an herb that boosts your immune system whenever I would feel anything coming on. You get that at any grocery store.

My sister swears by these, but I still think she is a freak.

Can somone tell me WTF is an ear candle. Do you light and stick it in your ear? Is it a candle made out or ear wax? (That would be nasty if it was)

I load up with EmergenC when I feel something coming on

+1
    save your money the ear candlingas it is fraud for helping with any type of immune system boost or cold fighting, it may clean out your excess ear wax but does nothing beyond that. Ear candling has been known to cause ear infections, leave candle wax on the ear drum which requires a doctor visit to remove or it punctures your ear drum if you do it at home.
    Excess Vitamin C has been proven to do nothing for colds also, but will cause diarrhea. take your daily vitamin, eat right, wash your hands and staying away from sick people are still the best methods for keeping virus free.

Quote Originally Posted by dhoad View Post
    save your money the ear candlingas it is fraud for helping with any type of immune system boost or cold fighting, it may clean out your excess ear wax but does nothing beyond that. Ear candling has been known to cause ear infections, leave candle wax on the ear drum which requires a doctor visit to remove or it punctures your ear drum if you do it at home.
    Excess Vitamin C has been proven to do nothing for colds also, but will cause diarrhea. take your daily vitamin, eat right, wash your hands and staying away from sick people are still the best methods for keeping virus free.
    To take this a little further... For those who have puctured ear drums... you can get ear infections from the outside of the ear as will as the inside of the ear..(those who have ear drums) Hydrocortizone is a better method and antibiotics... Dr. Hoad pointed out preventable methods (which I totally agree with). My wife is telling me this Dougie while I am typing this.. Give me another hour and when the Doctor shows of for case studies information I will get the dictoral mumble jumble!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy River View Post
    To take this a little further... For those who have puctured ear drums... you can get ear infections from the outside of the ear as will as the inside of the ear..(those who have ear drums) Hydrocortizone is a better method and antibiotics... Dr. Hoad pointed out preventable methods (which I totally agree with). My wife is telling me this Dougie while I am typing this.. Give me another hour and when the Doctor shows of for case studies information I will get the dictoral mumble jumble!!
    Damn Muddy you've got the lo'down. stay out of the wife's text books, as you are starting to sound smart and it scares me.

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
    I load up with EmergenC when I feel something coming on
    thats my space jams juice before basketball games!!!

we have a ton of that stuff at my house!! Ton of emergen-C in the kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by dhoad View Post
    Damn Muddy you've got the lo'down. stay out of the wife's text books, as you are starting to sound smart and it scares me.
    7 years of it! I still lean towards the Palmer side!

+1
    Of course a doctor is not going to recommend a home remmedy. I am sure the fact that I quit smoking helped. It takes 10 years for your lungs to heal from the effects of that though. So thats why I contribute my lack off colds to the ear candles.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information