+1

WAvejammer guys! Pics needed!

Any wavejammer guy that has a pic of the underhood, could you please post it up? Im a total new guy to the yami skis, and this wave jammer imdoing, the fuel lines are all sorts of messed up. I got were the main line and reserve line goes, and the one to the carb. what the heck are these 2 lines in this big pipe? Im all sorts of confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

+1
    this is what im dealing with, what the heck does the two inlets goto from that big pipe out back?! also, im assuming the return line goes into one of the smaller nipples on the side of the tank? Thanks again inadvance with anyone that helps me out
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jammer.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	113.1 KB 
ID:	112616  

G,day Joe,

One is the breather for the tank and should have a one-way valve on it with"tank" written on it and an arrow. The other is the battery breather and can be curled up and plugged if you don't need it.

I don't know what the general consensus is in the states, but most of the Jet Ski mechanics I know over here, recommend taking the main line from the tank off(remove and plug) and only running the reserve line of the tank, bypassing the fuel switch to reduce points where air can leak into the system. Worm drive hose clamps are also well worth fitting.

Good Luck, post us some pix if you have the time.

those hoses(big and small) should be vents and fresh air intakes for the hull and the fuel tank.. some jammers and runners used colors on the fuel and vents hoses 'factory', to help designate the runs... i can look this evening on my jammer for particulars as i havent removed those as yet ..

in the fuel tank, reserve is set lower by about 2 inches to pick up fuel when the main runs out... yes, some eliminate this but if you run out picking up from the lower unit, your swimming.. i d keep the system as is ...( i run 'on' ,out every session, and do appreciate the gal and 1/2 to get me home and some)...

as rocket said the 'valve' hose is for the tank vent ,its generally at the highest nippel on the tank (other than the pick up hoses)...the battery vent, if you use gel, can be rolled and tucked .. if you run wet cell, attach it accordingly....

i have the wr and wj yamaha factory manuel (with great line drawing's of routings) so what ever you need on routings i can help ...

+1
    ok perfect, so the 2 nipples on the side of the tank, one with the vent goes to that big hose, and the other one is for the return line off the carb? If thats the case then ill have this thing all set tongiht. Thanks for the help. I'll work on getting pics of it soon, it needs a good cleaning as it sat in a ladies heated basement for 10 years

correct!!!one is the vent with checkto vent the tank as it uses fuel, the other is the carb body 'vent' fuel return hose !

I have been using seafoam penatrant spray as it seams to help 'start' 2 strokes best.. ( its got FUEL in it, along with oil to lube until the fuel system catches up with bleeding all the air out of the system and lubing the crankbearings) ,it also lubes walls nicely!!
    I'd pull the plugs and fog heavy, then crank with out plugs, (ground them to help the cdi) to make sure everything has a fighting chance...

Thread Information