Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Offshore OceanRider
    +1

Kawasaki Ultra 250X Warranty Problems 011408

Thinking of buying Kawasaki - here is one consumers experience. If you want to read the full write up visit the SoCal site on Green Hulk. Below is what I sent this morning and have still not heard from anyone. If you have similar problems with Kawasaki please tell me your story.

SUBJECT: Kawasaki Not Honoring Warranty

TO: Consumer Services

Dear Kawasaki Consumer Services,

FAX 949-460-5819

ATTN: Supervisor Rick,

Please respond to me in writing as I am requesting from you your position as to why you state that I am 50% responsible for repairs to my 2008 Kawasaki Ultra 250X that is within the one year warranty period.

On January 15, 2009, I spoke to you and your colleague (Nathan) on break down problems and repairs to my new 2008 jet ski with 24 hours of engine run time. I also informed you that the problems originated while riding offshore when my Kawasaki Ultra's cooling line popped off causing me to almost sink in the middle of the ocean. You calmly stated that it was my fault when the boat was improperly towed back. I am not a Tow Boat Service and have read my warranty as to towing so can you please clarify for future reference. You also informed me that in your opinion Kawasaki is only 50% responsible for paying the repair bill.

You have informed me that you are requesting from the dealer that I pay 50% of the cost to repair my boat. If in fact my near sinking is my fault then why are you even offering to pay 50% of the repair bill. Please share with me where in my warranty it states that I was the cause of this towing incident and a separate towing incident as a result of a faulty installed fuse box and defective modulator; and therefore should have to pay 50% of the repairs.

As a representative of Kawasaki I am trying to understand your logic in an effort to better educate the PWC riding community. I have posted a story about Kawasaki not honoring my warranty on most of the popular PWC web sites.

This email will also likely make its way to all of my PWC riding friends including all of the American Watercraft Association clubs; the PWC riding and racing community that read my stories on a weekly basis. All PWC owners want to know is that the manufacturers build a reliable product and that if they fail to do so the manufacturer will stand by their products if they so warrant them for one full year.

To more fully develop my story I have requested responses from the PWC riding and racing community as their warranty experiences with Kawasaki.

I anxiously await your written response to my request to clarify why you are not fully honoring California’s written warranty laws.

Sincerely,

Ralph
    [email protected]
    AKA: Trawlercat on pwcoffshore.com; www.wetdograce.com; pwctoday; greenhulk; SoCalWatercraft Club

PWC Community; please be aware that there is misinformation on line that jet ski's are not covered by lemon laws. Boats, ATV's, jet ski's and even your laptop are covered. California is a strong state when it comes to having manufacturers honor their warranties. Also it is amazing to hear some of the responses so far. I was surprised with one response that is simply wanting to back the corporation and "screw" the consumer.

I don't think I am familiar with a 50% clause in a warranty. Sounds fishy to me.

What has been damaged and needs to be replaced/fixed on your ski?

Thinking of buying Kawasaki - here is one consumers experience. If you want to read the full write up visit the SoCal site on Green Hulk. Below is what I sent this morning and have still not heard from anyone. If you have similar problems with Kawasaki please tell me your story.

[email protected]

SUBJECT: Kawasaki Not Honoring Warranty

TO: Consumer Services

Dear Kawasaki Consumer Services,

FAX 949-460-5819

ATTN: Supervisor Rick,

Please respond to me in writing as I am requesting from you your position as to why you state that I am 50% responsible for repairs to my 2008 Kawasaki Ultra 250X that is within the one year warranty period.

On January 15, 2009, I spoke to you and your colleague (Nathan) on break down problems and repairs to my new 2008 jet ski with 24 hours of engine run time. I also informed you that the problems originated while riding offshore when my Kawasaki Ultra's cooling line popped off causing me to almost sink in the middle of the ocean. You calmly stated that it was my fault when the boat was improperly towed back. I am not a Tow Boat Service and have read my warranty as to towing so can you please clarify for future reference. You also informed me that in your opinion Kawasaki is only 50% responsible for paying the repair bill.

You have informed me that you are requesting from the dealer that I pay 50% of the cost to repair my boat. If in fact my near sinking is my fault then why are you even offering to pay 50% of the repair bill. Please share with me where in my warranty it states that I was the cause of this towing incident and a separate towing incident as a result of a faulty installed fuse box and defective modulator; and therefore should have to pay 50% of the repairs.

As a representative of Kawasaki I am trying to understand your logic in an effort to better educate the PWC riding community. I have posted a story about Kawasaki not honoring my warranty on most of the popular PWC web sites.

This email will also likely make its way to all of my PWC riding friends including all of the American Watercraft Association clubs; the PWC riding and racing community that read my stories on a weekly basis. All PWC owners want to know is that the manufacturers build a reliable product and that if they fail to do so the manufacturer will stand by their products if they so warrant them for one full year.

To more fully develop my story I have requested responses from the PWC riding and racing community as their warranty experiences with Kawasaki.

I anxiously await your written response to my request to clarify why you are not fully honoring California’s written warranty laws.

Sincerely,

Ralph
    [email protected]
    AKA: Trawlercat on pwcoffshore.com; www.wetdograce.com; pwctoday; greenhulk; SoCalWatercraft Club

PWC Community; please be aware that there is misinformation on line that jet ski's are not covered by lemon laws. Boats, ATV's, jet ski's and even your laptop are covered. California is a strong state when it comes to having manufacturers honor their warranties. Also it is amazing to hear some of the responses so far. I was surprised with one response that is simply wanting to back the corporation and "screw" the consumer.
    Is this another situation of using the Forums as Legal leverage or threats to get a positive result in personal matters?

You also used GreenHulk in your signature to Kawasaki but I'm afraid you did so in a manner that misrepresents GreenHulk.net by leading them to believe we are behind you in your personal agenda.

Not saying your case is not valid and I would go after them too but between us your approach will indubitably make your situation more difficult.

My Jet Ski drinks more than yours Glenozzy's Avatar
    +1
    cooling line popped off causing me to almost sink in the middle of the ocean. You calmly stated that it was my fault when the boat was improperly towed back
    if it's already full of water how did you improperly tow it?

He's got 2 bent exhaust valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubz1 View Post
    He's got 2 bent exhaust valves.
    > Cooling hose came off.
    > Ski started taking water and get stranded.
    > Get towed in by rescure boat.
    > Resulting in 2 bent valves...
    I don't see the connection here???
    Any other damage, like bent rod or piston damage?
    If pistons are OK and there is no bottom end damage, it wouldn't be too bad to fix.

Offshore OceanRider
    +1

Trawlercat Reply

Thanks Skip,

If you met me I’m sure you’d agree that I’m also one of the good guys. I started writing stories under the Trawlercat handle about two years ago. I consider myself a professional boater with over 30 years experience and have the correct USCG credentials (sailor/racer/educator) to prove it.

I see a need in the PWC riding community as some still don’t recognize the fact that when they are out on the water they are boaters. If you look at my stories you’ll see that I try to impart knowledge of the ride that I go on; be it a trip to Catalina Island (almost every Sunday) ; a Miami to Bahamas ride (06/09) that turned into a Miami to Key West ride or my upcoming 1850 mile expedition around the Aleutian Islands, Alaska (05/19/09).

What I am doing is educating others and imparting a little wisdom that may go a long way with some; and at the same time there may be a little entertaining moments thrown in – at least until we receive our issues of the three PWC rags currently out there.

The January issue of RIDE Magazine will carry a story I wrote about a PWC RACE that is on par with the IRON DOG (snowmobile) and IDITAROD (sled dog) currently held. This PWC ride will be called “THE WET DOG” RACE visit www.wetdograce.com for additional information.

Since I am less than a five minute drive from an offshore launch ramp I ride almost every weekend of the year and have since acquired this love and passion of the sport so much that I am also writing a book due to be released July 4, 2009. To show you how much I am into the boating community I an still an active member of my yacht club. Visit www.hgyc.org for more information.

So you see I have no need to threaten but to inform. Also, I did not intend to include pwcoffshore.com PWCtoday; Green Hulk; or the www.wetdograce.com when I signed off on my letter to Kawaski.

My intent was to point out to Kawasaki that I was also AKA: Trawlercat and that stories I've written could be found on pwcoffshore.com; Pwctoday; Green Hulk and www.wetdograce.com Kawasaki please take note of this.

Thank you for all the emails of support from most of you. Hopefully, by the time this is all said and done – you and I will also learn a few new things.

See you on my waters!

SoCal where we ride year round.

Trawlercat

ok

+1
    From what I've seen locally, Kawasaki is FAR better at warranty claims than Yamaha (and I own both). That said, I think the only point you need to make is that, had the hose not come off, you wouldn't have had a problem.

What does your dealer say? In my experience, the dealer is the one that can really put pressure on the manufacturer to make things right.

I remember seeing an Ultra 150 with a blown engine (broken rod) on a 'Ski that was two weeks out of warranty. The dealer really put the pressure on and showed that there was no bearing damage, etc. which would have indicated lack of oil. Kawasaki replaced the engine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information