Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    +1

There's a new Portsmith in town!

As some of you may know, Lowell Horning has been racked up with work for weeks on end. I talked to him some time ago and he said" He'd like to train someone to do what he's doing", well he's done just that.

As some of you may also know, our very own "Water Woody", Kevin has been spending extensive time with Lowell at his shop. During that time, Lowell mentored and trained Kevin in port timing and porting specs. Satisfied with the results, Lowell put his seal of approval on Kevin "Water Woody" for doing the very important machining and porting work on 2 strokes.

You might have seen his port work on the weedwhacker thread last week..he was'nt kidding, he can do this now.

It takes a very patient and/or anal retentive person to do the tedious work of porting and machining. Kevin fits that description...in a good way. If you've ever seen any of his skis, they are immaculate..check out some of his port work and he has spent the time and diligence to do it right.

If you can't get to Lowell right now, I recommend you give Kevin the opportunity to do the work you need. He has the exact specs, technique and training from the Yoda of 2 stroke porting at his disposal.

Kevin has his website up now: http://www.wcporting.com/index.html

I wish I had some cylinders and cases he could do..I would fully trust his port work. Check him out...give him a call and lets see some of his numbers roll in. I got a feeling, we will be saying "Woody did my cylinders and I'm flying" just like when me and Fernando tried Lowell, we had the feeling this was gonna work well.

I have the same feeling and trust that Kevin will do awesome work!

http://www.wcporting.com/index.html

Way to go KEV!

+1
    This is gonna be good news for a lot of people.

I would like to be the first to say! I have WOOD

porting

+1
    Mike,thank you for the kind words. Im very blessed to have Lowell teach me the trade.It does take alot of skill and patience to do such a task.You need good math skills and a great amount of knowledge of how a 2 stroke works and what that particular motor wants. Lowell has shared many years of knowledge with me that has taken him forever to learn.Being taught by the best is a once in a lifetime deal.

I really took to porting well.Lowell is very pleased with me so far.Im finally going out on my own,my own boss! As much work that is involved,i totaly enjoy every minute of it.

Just want to make one thing clear to everyone.Whoever needs port work done,it will go through Lowell first.Feel free to call me with any questions and i will send it Lowell's way.I f he doesnt need the work,then its his decision to send it my way.I will in no way step on that mans feet.

Website is up and running.I have another week of work to do to get it finished.What a pain. One thing,Me and Lowell's porting specs are all the same.What i promise to do for you guys is deliver an outstanding final product.I want call backs telling me how nice my work is,how much power my porting makes.

Thank you Lowell and Emy Horning,two of the nicest people we have ever met.
    Now,lets go make us some power!

Thank you Jerry for your support!

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1

Conrats Woods
    i would be happy to have some stuff hacked up by you anytime bro,,,GREAT JOB
    this is great news to hear about all parties
    mattman

yayyyyyy

Does that mean Grand opening super low prices ????

Anyways PM sent

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KEYZBUM View Post

Conrats Woods
    i would be happy to have some stuff hacked up by you anytime bro,,,GREAT JOB
    this is great news to hear about all parties
    mattman
    Many thanks Keyz!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by YamahaPat View Post
    yayyyyyy

Does that mean Grand opening super low prices ????

Anyways PM sent

pm returned.

+1
    I ve dealt with Lowell for years now and Mr Woody you are one lucky man to be trained by the magician as i call him and to share his knowlodge and specs.
    I ve never had the pleasure to meet Lowell and Emily hope to some time in the future great to see someone passing on the secrets i hope it all works out for you keep up the precision work and you will do fine.

Mike

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information