Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2007 Yamaha FXHO Leftover

I'm looking for advice on purchasing a 2007 leftover. I'm looking to purchase sometime in February and am starting to research now. I want to be prepared when I walk in the showroom.

I'm looking to upgrade from my 1997 Yamaha Gp760 with 76 hours on. It was a good starter ski to learn on and get use to the whole jet ski hobby. Now I'm done with college, have a full time job, I am looking to get into something newer. Just gas and go.

There is a shop close by that is selling a 2007 Yamaha FXHO Leftover in the Solar Yellow color. They state that MSRP is $10,499 and that they are "On Sale" for $9,399. What is a fair price for a brand new 2 year old ski? I have seen similar leftovers priced on ebay and other sites for $8,799. Does $8,000 seem like an honest price for that ski? Is that too much? Too Little?

I have set up a budget for myself, and I know how much I'm willing to spend, and how much time I plan to pay it off. I don't want to go over budget, as that will hinder my other goals.

I'm looking to trade in/sell my current jet ski, put money down and finance the rest. I won't be needing a trailer, as I'll be using the same one I have now.

Sorry for the long post, but any information or advice will be appreciated.

$8800 doesn't sound terrible, but you might beat it. If you can get a leftover '08 for close to the price of an '07, then you would gain the Nanoxcell hull. You can study Yami's site, and decide what if you want that.

I would definantly shop around a while with the current economy.

Good Luck!

Frankly it's worth whatever a used low hour 07' goes for. The minute you take it out the door and drop it in the water it's a used 3 year old ski. Usually the dealers won't come down enough on these old ski's to make it a good buy, better off getting a good deal on an 08 or 09'.

Here's what NADA says, you can see the minute you put it in the water you're "takin a bath". Average retail is $6930.00 for an 07', if you threw in another $1000 it's still only worth 8k. He should of sold it 2 years ago if he wanted 9k out of it .

2007 YAMAHA WAVE RUNNER FX HO

January 16, 2009 Boats and Personal Watercraft Length: 11' Model Name/Description: WAVE RUNNER FX HO Boat Type: Jet Drive Boats Hull Material: Sheet Molded Compound Beam: 4' 3" Engine: 1
    160 HP
    Gasoline Net Weight: 772 print this page email a friend
    e-mail a FriendClose X
    Friend's e-mail: (eg. [email protected])
    Your e-mail: (eg. [email protected])
    Your Name:

Subject:
    Comments:
    I would like a copy of this message emailed to me.

NADA Guides Privacy Policy
    Email addresses are used for this request only and are not saved or used by NADAguides.com for any other purposes
    Privacy Policy

Marine Financing Free Online Loan Quote Insure your Watercraft Free Online Insurance Quote Know your Credit History FREE Credit Report & Score Boat History Report Check your Boat's History

PRICING

Low Retail Average Retail Base Price $6,130 $6,930 TOTAL PRICE $6,130 $6,930 Suggested List: $10,499

The minute you take it out the door and drop it in the water it's a used 3 year old ski.
    You make a good point. I'll look around to see what I can find for low hour used 2007 FXHO. I saw one listed the other day with 100 hours on it for $7,700 at a dealership about an hour from me. They claimed it to be a "demo ski". 100 hours seems to be a lot of hours for a 2 year old ski.

I really don't want to buy used. I don't want to deal with the hassles of someone elses problems. I may consider a low-low hour (<10 hours) if I get a good deal on it, but will look to buy new as my first option.

Any other thoughts or suggestions...

+1
    if i were you id look for a leftover 07 or 08 gpr1300
    they are already cheaper and can be made into 90 mph monsters.
    just my 2 cents

if i were you id look for a leftover 07 or 08 gpr1300
    they are already cheaper and can be made into 90 mph monsters
    That was my first option. I went and talked to a salesman a few weeks ago about a new 2008 1300r. I would still consider one. They are cheaper to begin with and I'm familiar with the two strokes. Plus they are fuel injected, so no need to rebuild the carbs. The FXHO just seemed to be more practical. I could take some more than one person for a ride, plus I could tow skiers and pull a tube if I wanted to.

However, I could always just use my friends ski to ski behind or pull a tube. We usually ride together anyway.

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions...

+1
    yea and i would also consider wat u plan to use the ski for
    are you looking to mad it for speed in any way?
    or just a nice ski to mess around with
    either way the gpr hull is so nie and handles great it is just a all around awesome ski
    the only downfall is once you start moding it the mods get bigger ,faster and more expensive.
    trust me i learned the hard way

I'm not looking to modify the ski in anyway. I plan on keeping it stock. I want to be able to gas and go. I don't want to spend my weekends working on the ski, when I can be riding. I spent alot of my weekends this past summer working on my current ski. I want to be able to head up to the lake for the afternoon, drop the ski in the water, cruise the lake, and have a good time. I don't want to have any fears of breaking down in the middle of the lake and having to be towed in.

I did a quick search and the cheapest brand new 2008 1300R was $8,000. However, it was halfway across the country. It was in Wisconsin, while I'm in New Jersey. The cheapest brand new 2007 FXHO I've seen is $8,799 and it's about an hour from me.

I'm gonna keep a tab of these prices and keep looking until I'm ready to buy. Then I'll be able to make a fair offer based on what other dealerships are selling their skis for.

+1
    Unless you just want to stay with Yamaha, you might consider a Kawi 15F. All around good ski and very quick. From what I understand, these are reasonably priced.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information