Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Fxho bent handle bars

i have a 2008 fxho with about 50hrs i have just had a few overheating issues with it and have taken it to my yammy dealer the first time they replaced the thermostat and the warning continued to come on only at full throttle after about five minutes.
    on the last outing this kept happening and just as i was returing to shore the ski just completeley cut out throwing me into the bars and over the front of the ski .
    i have taken it back to dealer again and they have spent about 15 hrs trying to find the fault and seem to think its a faulty sensor and have fitted a new one, the problem i am faced with is that my bars are now bent due to me being thrown into them as a result of this faulty sensor cutting my ski out and my dealer thinks yamaha wont replace the bars under warranty does any one know where i stand on this
    i feel they shoud as i would have never hit the bars if the ski had not cut out due to a faulty yamaha part and they should replace the bars

Last edited by mac 1; 01-18-2009 at 01:06 PM. Reason: spelling

If Yamaha won't do it the dealer should take the hit and do it for free if they want to keep your business, seeing as they screwed up in diagnosing the problem the first time. I can attest to the fact that those bars are pretty stout. You must have whacked 'em pretty good!

+1
    Dang that sucks. I agree, if you can convince them (or corporate) that was an accident caused by OEM equipment failure maybe they will help you. Problem is, I don't see how that could happen. I think all of us have pulled the lanyard at WOT by accident at one time or another. It seems to me when the power to the watercraft is cut the ski doesn't stop on a dime like you're hitting a wall... the only time I have been tossed violently forward or seen someone hit the bars hard is when they were jumping and slipped when coming down, or maybe hitting a big wave or something.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Dang that sucks. I agree, if you can convince them (or corporate) that was an accident caused by OEM equipment failure maybe they will help you. Problem is, I don't see how that could happen. I think all of us have pulled the lanyard at WOT by accident at one time or another. It seems to me when the power to the watercraft is cut the ski doesn't stop on a dime like you're hitting a wall... the only time I have been tossed violently forward or seen someone hit the bars hard is when they were jumping and slipped when coming down, or maybe hitting a big wave or something.
    +1, do plug chops all the time at WOT and have never gotten thrown into the bars. Theirs more to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by VOODOO View Post
    +1, do plug chops all the time at WOT and have never gotten thrown into the bars. Theirs more to the story.

+1

I was thinking the same thing I have done some bad things to my bars and If BigRaider can't bend them no one should with just body weight alone

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by mac 1 View Post
    i have a 2008 fxho with about 50hrs i have just had a few overheating issues with it and have taken it to my yammy dealer the first time they replaced the thermostat and the warning continued to come on only at full throttle after about five minutes.
    on the last outing this kept happening and just as i was returing to shore the ski just completeley cut out throwing me into the bars and over the front of the ski .
    i have taken it back to dealer again and they have spent about 15 hrs trying to find the fault and seem to think its a faulty sensor and have fitted a new one, the problem i am faced with is that my bars are now bent due to me being thrown into them as a result of this faulty sensor cutting my ski out and my dealer thinks yamaha wont replace the bars under warranty does any one know where i stand on this
    i feel they shoud as i would have never hit the bars if the ski had not cut out due to a faulty yamaha part and they should replace the bars

Ya know, I'm going to say something here. People complain about not being treated fairly by the service industry and here's a prime example why. I run a body shop/towing operation. The bullshit runs way too deep anymore folks. I get 3 to 1 bullshit claims vs legitimate concerns at times. When someone does come in with a legitimate beef sometimes we think it's just another scammer lookin for somethin for nothin. Now as far as this claim goes, let me guess. You backed the ski into something on the trailer and bent the bars. You're pissed that you have a problem with the ski running and so you figure they "owe you something". How am I doin? Now the next guy that comes in with a legitimate beef gets the run around because the same rep has already dealt with 5 of you bullshitters that day.

Quote Originally Posted by VOODOO View Post
    Ya know, I'm going to say something here. People complain about not being treated fairly by the service industry and here's a prime example why. I run a body shop/towing operation. The bullshit runs way too deep anymore folks. I get 3 to 1 bullshit claims vs legitimate concerns at times. When someone does come in with a legitimate beef sometimes we think it's just another scammer lookin for somethin for nothin. Now as far as this claim goes, let me guess. You backed the ski into something on the trailer and bent the bars. You're pissed that you have a problem with the ski running and so you figure they "owe you something". How am I doin? Now the next guy that comes in with a legitimate beef gets the run around because the same rep has already dealt with 5 of you bullshitters that day.

thanks so much for the constructive reponse, you have been a great help to me on resolving this matter.and you are a credit to this forum i feel you must be wasted in the line of work you are currently in as it seems you know fucking everything about fuck all!!!! dont tar me with the same brush as these scammers you come into contact with on such a regular basis or quote me as a 'bullshitter' you asshole you know nothing about me or the series of events leading up to my bars being bent .And since you are convinced i backed the trailer into something and bent the bars how do you suppose i did this causing absoluteley no damage to the ski or trailer in fact dont answer that because i am not interested if the response is anything like your last effort .

Quote Originally Posted by mac 1 View Post

thanks so much for the constructive reponse, you have been a great help to me on resolving this matter.and you are a credit to this forum i feel you must be wasted in the line of work you are currently in as it seems you know fucking everything about fuck all!!!! dont tar me with the same brush as these scammers you come into contact with on such a regular basis or quote me as a 'bullshitter' you asshole you know nothing about me or the series of events leading up to my bars being bent .And since you are convinced i backed the trailer into something and bent the bars how do you suppose i did this causing absoluteley no damage to the ski or trailer in fact dont answer that because i am not interested if the response is anything like your last effort .
    So spare me the theatrics and please tell us, how did you bend the bars???
    P.S. There's 5 other guys/avid riders that posted their doubts as well so we're all ears. You give me a believable story and I will give you my appologies. I've seen guys nose into waves and bust their faces and not bend the bars, so keep talkin.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information