Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: x charger/rrfpr

x charger/rrfpr

just trying to figure out if i do a sc upgrade to an x charger will i have to add an rrfpr or can i simply put bigger injectors? i currently have a gw with 42's and the xs ic with 4" air 06 RXT.

If i do go with an x charger do they come with the metal washers and ceramic bearings? i have them in my sc now with the gw.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by busa504 View Post
    just trying to figure out if i do a sc upgrade to an x charger will i have to add an rrfpr or can i simply put bigger injectors? i currently have a gw with 42's and the xs ic with 4" air 06 RXT.

If i do go with an x charger do they come with the metal washers and ceramic bearings? i have them in my sc now with the gw.
    You will need a rrfpr along with your 42s for the x charger. They do come with metal washers but some of them are failing so I would recomend replacing them. They dont come with ceramics but the bearings are fine. I would not recomend swapping then with your ceramics because you may damage them trying to remove them from your existing sc housing.

i was affraid someone would say that! trying to avoid the fpr might just go S3 wheel.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    You will need a rrfpr along with your 42s for the x charger. They do come with metal washers but some of them are failing so I would recomend replacing them. They dont come with ceramics but the bearings are fine. I would not recomend swapping then with your ceramics because you may damage them trying to remove them from your existing sc housing.
    Lot of guys running the X with stock 38's and RRFPR. Definitely ditch the OE metals!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    Lot of guys running the X with stock 38's and RRFPR. Definitely ditch the OE metals!!
    +1 I think that the 38s will be enough. I will be putting my X on with the RRFPR and stock injectors. I will get some AF numbers so I will know if the 38s are enough. I do run in esspecially cold water tho. 30-35 degrees. R88

i was looking at rivas web site and they say i would need to run 50lb injectors to run the x charger.... no mention of rrfpr.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by busa504 View Post
    i was looking at rivas web site and they say i would need to run 50lb injectors to run the x charger.... no mention of rrfpr.
    What ski have you got?? and were you looking at the stock X charger or the x charger upgrade wheel and housing?? If you have an X boat and you wanted to fit the upgrade wheel into your SC then yes you would need the 50 injectors with the stock ECU on the X boat. If you are fitting a stock X charger on a non x boat ie 04-07 then you need the RRFPR to run it safely. Hope that helps R88
    EDIT, I just looked at rivas website and im pretty sure you were looking at the x upgrade wheel. This can only be fitted into the X charger not the 215 charger as they are differnt inside. Im guessing from your 1st post you have not got an X boat so unless you want to buy both the X charger and this upgrade wheel you need not worry about it. R88</p>

i have an 06 rxt with a gw/42's, xs ic wanted to upgrade.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    Yep. lots of people are running x-chargers with 38s. So did I but some of the tests I have done show that the 42s and rrfpr is a much better combo in my climate. 42s alone are definitely not enough.

+1
    I installed an X charger and XS cooler on a friends jetboat running stock 38's and a RRFPR. Runs great, this is a very common setup.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information