Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Chev TRAILBLAZER owners

I'm looking for feedback on people who own high mile Chev Trailblazers. I currently own a 06 trailblazer with 60k miles. I've had no issues with it. I'm looking to buy another, older 02-04 trailblazer with 100k+ miles. Anyone on here have a TB with high miles?

I'm only looking for feedback on the Trailblazer, not Blazer.

Thank you!

+1
    We have an 03 trailblazer..The only issue we have had is the fan clutch sticking..I had bought a new one BUT since is to cold i havent had a chance to replace it..This is a common problem with the earlier tear trailblazers..Other than that no problems except she likes to drink gas..LOL

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    We have an 03 trailblazer..The only issue we have had is the fan clutch sticking..I had bought a new one BUT since is to cold i havent had a chance to replace it..This is a common problem with the earlier tear trailblazers..Other than that no problems except she likes to drink gas..LOL

i heard if you keep on the maintaince on the 4.2L v6 they'll go along way.

+1
    had an 02 ltz with 155000 miles, that i just traded in this fall...

oil changed every 5000-6000 miles, by the time of trade in it was burning just a little

did my own brakes bout once year.. no issues

at 80000, my tranny lines rotted out, there is a heat sheild there that makes a perfect moisture trap, IMO get rid of it.

motor had a small knock at 95000, no power loss but wasn't worth the repair..only heard it when it was cold.

clutch fan went at 145000, shop quoted 1400, I did for the parts and a homemade tool for 250.

no issues with the awd/4wd
    Suspension was squeaky, which was kind of annoying

car road nice, and interior held up great... i would love to get my hands on an SS down the road..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gorilla03 View Post

In line 6 Mr.....

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla03 View Post
    Your thinking of the 4.3 V6 which is the 350 with 2 cylinders cut off. This motor did not come in the Trailblazers. But it is true that if you take care of it she will last a long time.

+1
    In line 6 Mr.....
    oh they're inline? my best bud has a trailblazer and said they're the v design....he's the one who called and told me...il let em know

Quote Originally Posted by ReDevilRXP View Post
    Your thinking of the 4.3 V6 which is the 350 with 2 cylinders cut off. This motor did not come in the Trailblazers. But it is true that if you take care of it she will last a long time.
    yep i have the 4.3L v6 in my small gmc sonoma and my dads silverado which has the 350 in his 2000 silverado and he's getting alot better gas mileage than i am with the 6 cylinder...

+1
    We have an 03 Trailblaizer also. Sometimes when its cold it will make an ungodly sound. May be the fan clutch. Other than that we love it. The boat ramp here is about 45 deg and this thing even drags my sis and bro in laws deck boat right up out of there. Its got 72K on it and runs like the dickens. We havent even changed plugs in it yet. Just a starter, fluid changes and gas. We get 17mpg pulling a pop up camper. Though this one is only 2wd. In line 6, 275hp

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    We have an 03 Trailblaizer also. Sometimes when its cold it will make an ungodly sound. May be the fan clutch. Other than that we love it. The boat ramp here is about 45 deg and this thing even drags my sis and bro in laws deck boat right up out of there. Its got 72K on it and runs like the dickens. We havent even changed plugs in it yet. Just a starter, fluid changes and gas. We get 17mpg pulling a pop up camper. Though this one is only 2wd. In line 6, 275hp

Mine does the same thing when its cold..But once it warms up its fine.Were really gonna get some miles on it this year driving to mudbug..ANd i do love mine also.Its a great vehicle.It pulls both our skis great to...

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    TB/Envoy.....

i had the Envoy ... 2005 model.. put 50k on it and gave it back at end of lease term...

never had a problem. i changed the oil once every 12,000 miles, haha... it was leased, what did i give a crap. threw mobil 1 synthetic in it once a year and called it a day...

great power in those trucks in the mid-range for highway passing...

SHITTY SHITTY fuel economy.

i just got a new Silverado Extended cab V8 5.3... it blows away the fuel economy of that 4.2 inline 6. that was my biggest gripe about that thing for a small SUV is it drank gas bad... i have no idea how superdave is getting 17 with a camper too, lol...

i do have a lead foot tho

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information