Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Cellphone question: motorola razr v3m

so im tired of this phone...for the past i'd say 5 or 6 months i've been trying to send/recieve txt msg's to some of my friends(they're all on a different carrier)..so i went into my cell phone provider 3months ago(they didn't do anything) so i went back in yesterday and got the same answer to why it's not working..and since they person went through my phone and checked all the settings now it just shuts off whenever it wants too! my question is where should i go from here?

Anytime I have problems, I call them and tell them whats up.

They do not want you to switch carriers, so tell them you need a new phone or you have no choice. I will bet they will work with you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by canadaxp View Post
    Anytime I have problems, I call them and tell them whats up.

They do not want you to switch carriers, so tell them you need a new phone or you have no choice. I will bet they will work with you.

Well my front screen broke on it id say a month or so ago(hasn't affected the phone at all). I was told this time by the person to make as many txt messages as i can to those people who i cant send/recieve msgs from and they can fix it that way, in otherwords they put in a work order to diagnose it.

Ok, now tell them you have been patient and tried their way, now you have to look at switching...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by canadaxp View Post
    Ok, now tell them you have been patient and tried their way, now you have to look at switching...

That the very last option for me i guess...im on a business plan right now..im trying to be patient about it

+1
    i have the same phone. It's a pile of crap

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ADSR View Post
    i have the same phone. It's a pile of crap
    i kinda like it...this phone's lasted longer than any of my other previous phones

You have to get your service provider to open a trouble ticket and have the IT group look in the SMSC logs. Alternatively, have the people you are trying to text, open a trouble ticket on their end. Every text message you send has an originating number, a terminating number a success (or failure code) and the actual test message that was sent. If the message was a long message, IIRC it is broken up into 142-character messages. There are some problems with small providers (like Buffalo Lake Erie) texting large providers (like Verizon) because there are charges between the two companies that have to have specified in the Interconnect Agreement, otherwise the messages are shed. Also, if you are texting to a new NPA-NXX number that number has to be programmed in the SMSC before it will go through... Ron

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    You have to get your service provider to open a trouble ticket and have the IT group look in the SMSC logs. Alternatively, have the people you are trying to text, open a trouble ticket on their end. Every text message you send has an originating number, a terminating number a success (or failure code) and the actual test message that was sent. If the message was a long message, IIRC it is broken up into 142-character messages. There are some problems with small providers (like Buffalo Lake Erie) texting large providers (like Verizon) because there are charges between the two companies that have to have specified in the Interconnect Agreement, otherwise the messages are shed. Also, if you are texting to a new NPA-NXX number that number has to be programmed in the SMSC before it will go through... Ron

that's exactly what they are doing...They told me the more i send txt msgs to the people that cant recieve mine the easier it will for them to figure it out...so that's what i've been doing all day ...both are big name companies i would say(im not stating the companies)

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla03 View Post
    so im tired of this phone...for the past i'd say 5 or 6 months i've been trying to send/recieve txt msg's to some of my friends(they're all on a different carrier)..so i went into my cell phone provider 3months ago(they didn't do anything) so i went back in yesterday and got the same answer to why it's not working..and since they person went through my phone and checked all the settings now it just shuts off whenever it wants too! my question is where should i go from here?

You must call them (customer care) and tell them that you have been in the store several times and the issue isnt resolved. tell them the phone has been a problem for six months and you are fed up. sound really annoyed. tell them that if they dont give you a new phone or an early contract upgrade that youre leaving. If they try to call your bluff say 'It will be cheaper to pay my way out and sign a new contract with another carrier and get a free phone than to buy a new phone from you'. If they dont give you what you want, hang up and call back. Youll get a different operator the second time. I have done this several times in the past when I have broken a phone or simply gotten tired of one. It works every time. You may need to make several phone calls but youll get what you want if you threaten to leave and get angry enough on the phone. The people in the store are useless.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information