Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

WTF? No trim on MSX140?

Finally had the first decent day since I picked up the ski last weekend, so I spent an hour checking things out, and started greasing some of the pivot points; the steering, reverse bucket, the trim-wait a minute, there's no trim!

Why did they not put that on this ski? Was it unnecessary on such a mega-yacht hull? Cost savings? They don't look like they've skimped on anything else here....

Guess this makes that 6 degree wedge even more important, eh?

Michael

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    The SLT also didn't have one. I would guess they may have found withthe stepped hull and it size that it rode good if you had one rider or 2. The six would help in the smooth or when running a aggresive grate that does some digging in the rough. Or at least that's what I've been told by the bum in Hawaii. I won't find out with mine till spring time.

+1
    Al and I are working on a trim system. We have everything to do it just need to get to work.

I think all ski's would benefit having trim personally!
    it gives you more options

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    Al and I are working on a trim system. We have everything to do it just need to get to work.
    Isn't that Project # 348-B, Well we should see that real soon then.

PS. anyway to get the Rideplate down to Pirate?

+1
    Do you think there will be a performance advantage to having trim? Or more just balancing when carrying passengers vs riding solo?

Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post

+1
    Polaris originally tried putting a trim system on the SLTX during R&D and quickly found out it does not help and in fact made it ride worse in some cases...just ask Billy Womack as he was the guinea pig who first used it. The bigger Polaris hulls just don't benefit much if at all from the trim system they use.

Well it made a huge dif when I added it to my sl and it is std On the new Yami FXSHO ... way bigger than the Polaris in question . so my take is Billy needed a drop nozzle not a slow trim but for the rest of us the ability to fine tune a ride is a plus

+1
    Yeah the SL is a two seater not a three seater like the SLTX...makes a huge difference! The Yami has a completely different hull than what we are talking about...so you are not comparing apples to apples here. Not to mention, just because the Yami or some other watercraft has one, doesn't mean it's right or works well...every case is different and would just need to be tried. But like I said, the bigger Polaris hulls just didn't benefit from the trim system they used.

I agree not to agree anything I have ever rode or drove or captained with trim as original equipment or added later on has been a benefit and not hull specific ! any power boat will benefit from drive trim or trim tabs and the same benefits apply to the smaller PWC hulls unless your stating that the addition of trim ( changing the nozzle angle had no affect at all on the Polaris ?) IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by 32DegH2O View Post
    Yeah the SL is a two seater not a three seater like the SLTX...makes a huge difference! The Yami has a completely different hull than what we are talking about...so you are not comparing apples to apples here. Not to mention, just because the Yami or some other watercraft has one, doesn't mean it's right or works well...every case is different and would just need to be tried. But like I said, the bigger Polaris hulls just didn't benefit from the trim system they used.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information