+1

Anyone have tips on installing the IC cooling kit?

I'll be installing mine next week and would appreciate any tips. I spoke to R&D's tech support guy & he recommended not drilling a second water in & out port like the instructions tell you to do, and just t them off just before & after the stock ports on the IC. I also noticed the instructions have you remove the SC assembly...not sure why this would be necessary? I have the pressure relief valve as well which their tech guy wasn't familiar with, and no instrctions were included so if anyone knows how it should be plumbed in please let me know.

Gonna have to let the Wizard answer this one. Think R3 Killa did his own too. But what's especially perplexing is that R&D Tech is telling you to do something other than what is on their own instructions!? Tell me how that makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    I'll be installing mine next week and would appreciate any tips. I spoke to R&D's tech support guy & he recommended not drilling a second water in & out port like the instructions tell you to do, and just t them off just before & after the stock ports on the IC. I also noticed the instructions have you remove the SC assembly...not sure why this would be necessary? I have the pressure relief valve as well which their tech guy wasn't familiar with, and no instrctions were included so if anyone knows how it should be plumbed in please let me know.
    Make sure you have long enough water lines. Measure everything up so you know that they will reach.
    About what R&D said, maybe they realized that there was too much water exit. Thats why they aslo sell a flow control valve kit so that you could tune the water flow. I would tee it into the existing water exit before I drill anything for a new one then test it to see if you gained in efficiancy if not, just do what the instuction state then purchase the flow control valve kit... You shouldnt go wrong with any set up.
    Hope this helps good luck!!

Thread Information