dual cooling plate ?

i need the size of drill bit and tap to open the hole on the dual cooling plate for the barb..im performing jet works...What kind of barb is needed for the dual cooling plate? thanks

David

+1
    ? like in stinger/end of stock pipe

later cd

no where the strainger is at the pump i need a measurement on what drill bit and tap to use to the cooling plate..thanks

David

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by titi0314
    no where the strainger is at the pump i need a measurement on what drill bit and tap to use to the cooling plate..thanks

David
    that all depends on what size 90 degree fitting your putting in....you would drill whatever size the fitting is, but be sure the fitting that you are screwing is the right size so that you can put a hose to it that will also fit whatever through-hull fitting your using.

I am thinking a 3/8 bit and 3/8 90 degree fitting with a 3/8 I.D. hose to match would be what you need to do. (or even a 45 degree 3/8 size would work facing the rear of the boat in the "up" position to clear the speedo more.)

thanks john..well if i use a 3/8 fitting what drill bit and tap would i use? ill give you a ring 2morrow im confused man lol

David

+1
    if the through hull fitting that you are using is 3/8, then you will need a 3/8 hose (Inside diameter 3/8---that is what I.D. stands for).

So with that said...if the through hull fitting and the hose are 3/8, then guess what------that's right the other fitting that you are drilling into the pump plate needs to be......3/8. Be sure to put some 5200 around it and let it dry to seal it into the pump plate (not too much, just around the threads)
    You have 2 options on the pump plate fitting:

1) you can use a 90 degree fitting (if the 3/8 hose will slide around it easily without hitting the plate itself)

2) if the hose doesn't fit well next to the plate---then you can use a 45 degree angle fitting so that the hose doesn't hit (or at least slides on smoothly)

****Remember that you need to use a hose clamp to tighten it down (no zip ties).

Does this help?

ok cool..ya im gonna go with 45 degree angle its a lil tight there thanks again bud..see ya man

David

Thread Information