Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: 2005 RXT

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4

    2005 RXT

    I just purchased a 2005 RXT and have been reading about many of the failures people have come across. What can I do to prevent this and get better performance? I already plan to check if the washers are metal, not ceramic... open for any suggestions

    Thanks


  2. #2
    YoYamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    21,556
    +1
    4,773
    Welcome to the forum!!!
    Congrats, that is already a great performing machine you have there.
    The threads I have linked below pretty much cover it... unfortunately, without an extended warranty I think these PWC (all brands) are basically just expensive time bombs...
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19887
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16773

  3. #3
    King_Of_Fun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Catawba Island, Ohio
    Posts
    2,703
    If you did a test ride and hit 8000-8100 rpms the clutch washers are still intact. If you only hit 6500 rpms, the washers are gone or slipping badley... Ron

  4. #4
    YoYamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    21,556
    +1
    4,773
    Ron brings up a great point, what are your RPM's?

  5. #5
    neal300zx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Atlanta GA & Wedowee AL
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatright View Post
    I just purchased a 2005 RXT and have been reading about many of the failures people have come across. What can I do to prevent this and get better performance? I already plan to check if the washers are metal, not ceramic... open for any suggestions

    Thanks
    Welcome. Just picked up the same ski. In GA also. Good luck as there is a lot of information here.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4
    Hey I did a test run on my RXT and it only hit 56 MPH, which was about 6000 - 7000 RPM, then the ski would just throttle back down. It kept on increasing and decreasing speed, from 35 to 45. I suspected it to be the washers and maybe the spark plugs. The guy I bought it from said it hasn't been run since Aug. and hasn't had the oil or any service done on it since April or May. Do you think that might have anything to do with it? Any suggestions?

    Thanks, Charlie B.

  7. #7
    FIRED!!! JP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FLORIDA baby...
    Posts
    3,505

    Welcome, but WARNING!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Boatright View Post
    Hey I did a test run on my RXT and it only hit 56 MPH, which was about 6000 - 7000 RPM, then the ski would just throttle back down. It kept on increasing and decreasing speed, from 35 to 45. I suspected it to be the washers and maybe the spark plugs. The guy I bought it from said it hasn't been run since Aug. and hasn't had the oil or any service done on it since April or May. Do you think that might have anything to do with it? Any suggestions?

    Thanks, Charlie B.
    DO NOT start that ski again!!!
    Pull the intake hose to the SuperCharger, stick your finger in there, if you can turn the wheel inside, you're done for now...
    (Yup, I hate to say it, but 6400rpms is the death sentince on the S/C...)

    LET US KNOW, and good luck...

    JP

  8. #8
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    DO NOT start that ski again!!!
    Pull the intake hose to the SuperCharger, stick your finger in there, if you can turn the wheel inside, you're done for now...
    (Yup, I hate to say it, but 6400rpms is the death sentince on the S/C...)

    LET US KNOW, and good luck...

    JP
    +1
    Welcome to the forum .

  9. #9
    neal300zx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Atlanta GA & Wedowee AL
    Posts
    96
    I would go ahead and take the SC off. Instructions can be found in the How to section. Should only take around 30 minutes or so the first time with the correct tools. Once you have it out, let us know what the shaft looks like. Hopefully, the washers are still on there

  10. #10
    lugnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    233
    Go ahead & purchase the factory manuel.Between that & the info here @ GH you will be ahead of the curve & right as rain when the season starts.Online store is another plus.
    Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What should the speed be of a "stock" 2005 RXT?
    By BrAinZ in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 07:27 PM
  2. 2005 RXT - Season 1 to Stage 1
    By Kinchyle in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-23-2006, 12:03 AM
  3. Help, having problems with my 2005 RXT, low hours
    By 05rxt in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-10-2006, 11:24 PM
  4. 2005 RXT Oil Warning
    By bic1 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-08-2005, 07:57 AM
  5. 2005 RXT or RXP owners manual
    By jack in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 09:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •