Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Pictures of my new Z

When I was a kid, my favorite matchbox car was a black and gold 280zx. Since then, Ive wanted every model Z car but my timing has never been right in getting one. This past week, I found a great deal on one and at the same time got an offer on my wrx that I simply could not refuse.

As you can see in the pics, the car was for sale at a dealership since the summer. Can you believe that theres no market for a 2-seater, 300hp, rwd sports car in this economy?? Anyway, its obviously the dead of winter now and they wanted it off the lot and were ready to cut their losses so I swooped in at just the right time.

I picked it up yesterday and had to drive six hours to get it. I went through a snow storm on the way back. This car is not 'bad' in the snow.. its f'n dangerous. I honestly thought I was going to have to find a hotel for the night and call out of work today. I dont know what scared me more, driving it in 3" of snow with it or having to take a dump at a truck stop on the way back after eating taco bell

I know its not as nice as a lot of peoples cars on here, but Ive wanted one for a long time and Im excited about it so I thought Id share.

Here are the pics. Its a touring edition and has every possible option except navigation. It has heated leather, premium wheels, HID lights, LSD, Bose, etc.

I love the car and almost everything about it.
    The power is very linear and there is torque in every gear. You can jump on it at 60mph in sixth gear and leave someone behind you on the highway. Its VERY comfortable and smooth. The Bose system and factory subwoofer sound great for a factory sound system.

My only dislikes are-
    -The car is simply un-drivable in the snow. I cant even get up my hill to my house. If I didnt own a jeep, I wouldnt have been able to buy it. Traction control helps.. but all it really does is cut off the accelerator and stop the car from going sideways. If youre trying to get up a hill, traction control doesnt help.
    -The cup holders are actually behind you and you have to turn around to grab your drink. The ac outlet is also behind you which means ill have to take stuff apart to hide the plug for my sirius radio.
    -The rear torsion bar limits cargo space in the back.
    -The glove box is behind the p/s seat making it difficult to get into it with someone sitting there.

Overall its an awesome car.. and even though my wrx was faster (only because I changed the turbo and tuned it) this one is simply a nicer car all around. I love it.
    Last edited by caliburst; 01-26-2009 at 11:18 PM.

Be a Hero...Punch a Koala Kaotic's Avatar
    Nice Z....Intake Headers and Exhaust and you'll have one of the best sounding cars out there!

Yep. Ill probably stop there. Im debating if I want to go to 20s or not... 18s are actually small on this car.. the wheel gap is huge. the g35 comes with 19s..

Nice, car! (I still like the WRX better) Z's are really cool sporty cars, must be nice to go out and buy your dream car A girl at my school has a red one, even stock they sound pretty cool.

+1
    congrats! Nice car.
    It sure would look good in my garage next to my 280.

+1
    VERY nice car James!!! Its beautiful...

+1
    Dats purdy When are you taking me for a ride.

In the summer we can pull out the 240z and take some pics..

(Should I add a poll for Taco Bell or Snow)

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    Nice, car! (I still like the WRX better) Z's are really cool sporty cars, must be nice to go out and buy your dream car A girl at my school has a red one, even stock they sound pretty cool.

I loved my wrx. It was a hard car to part with. It was fast and fun.. It was also great in the snow..

I cant imagine what the insurance would look like on a 350z with a teenager driving it....
    Wish I had rich parents when I was your age... I had a ford tempo when I was in HS. What a P.O.S.
    We had a kid two years ago who got an E36 Bmw 325i [average car, over ten years old] from his parents. He crashed it into a guardrail after a few months and a week later they bought him an E46 M3!! Who are these parents???

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Dats purdy When are you taking me for a ride.

one day when theres no risk of snow.
    We definitely have to take some pics and post up. Isnt yours silver too? Or is it white?

+1
    White

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information