Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Neighborhood Superman SlowStang305's Avatar
    +1

Question about selling a Jet Ski out of the country... Is this a scam?

I had a guy contact me from Belize with interest in my jet ski. At first I thought to myself SCAM and almost hung up. He told me he had a friend in Miami who would look at the ski "David" and buy it from me. I told him I have heard this a thousand times and that I would only accept CASH as payment. He said that would be fine. His friend called me the same night from a philadelphia phone number asking me questions about the ski and if I still had it. I said yes and he told me he would be coming to look at it and buying it from me and was hoping I could tow it with my truck over to Medley Florida (30-40 min away). I said that would not be a problem as long as I get payment in cash. Now im getting the jitters, maybe the money will be fake ETC and I do not want to get screwed. What is the best way to approach this situation? Could I go to a bank with cash and have them tell me if its real or not? What do you guys think?

Also, if he is legit,apparently hes not in the United States so how do I get this Title out of my name so I don't get screwed later since he wont be here to sign it or transfer it, just his friend "David". Any help will be greatly appreciated.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowStang305 View Post
    I had a guy contact me from Belize with interest in my jet ski. At first I thought to myself SCAM and almost hung up. He told me he had a friend in Miami who would look at the ski "David" and buy it from me. I told him I have heard this a thousand times and that I would only accept CASH as payment. He said that would be fine. His friend called me the same night from a philadelphia phone number asking me questions about the ski and if I still had it. I said yes and he told me he would be coming to look at it and buying it from me and was hoping I could tow it with my truck over to Medley Florida (30-40 min away). I said that would not be a problem as long as I get payment in cash. Now im getting the jitters, maybe the money will be fake ETC and I do not want to get screwed. What is the best way to approach this situation? Could I go to a bank with cash and have them tell me if its real or not? What do you guys think?

Also, if he is legit,apparently hes not in the United States so how do I get this Title out of my name so I don't get screwed later since he wont be here to sign it or transfer it, just his friend "David". Any help will be greatly appreciated.

What about going to the bank with that guy and having the bank check it there while the buyer is present.....that way if the guy doesn't want to go to the bank you know either the money is probably fake or something else...i believe they have a special marker that can check to see if it is fake..

+1

If you go go with some big friends to make sure they do not take the ski from you also. You can get a money order from him also then go the bank and cash it with him there.

+1
    Yeah Im thinking about going to the bank with him to make sure it checks out. What do I do about the title?

Im 6'3 250lbs and so is my brother. Were big boyssss hahaha

Maybe they just want to get you away from your house for a while. You might want to tell some neighbors, etc... Ron

+1
    Yeah Im thinking about going to the bank with him to make sure it checks out. What do I do about the title?

Im 6'3 250lbs and so is my brother. Were big boyssss hahaha
    personally i would stay away from money orders when dealing with alot of money unless you hold the ski til it clears the bank...I know of people who got fake money orders, about the title, if the person that's buying it lives in the USA why not make it out to them and then they can deal with the person out of country? i dont know if this can be done but that's the first thing that i thought of

Money orders can be fraudulent, stay away and take cash only. This deal would make me nervous as well, why don't they come to you??? You don't know what you're driving into.

+1
    Thanks for the advice guys. Just talked to him. I told him he can come over to my house to complete the transaction. Bring cash. I told him I would like to check the cash maybe have the bank check it. He said it would not be a problem. I asked him about the title, he said he can have it transfered in his name so that I wont have to deal with the shipping situation or be involved. I will let you know how it turns out.

belize the hype.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Damn, you all are paranoid. The man is in Belize (beautiful coast) and wants a jet ski. Easiest to buy it in Miami and throw it on a boat. How do you think all their cars get there? Buy a counterfeit pen at an office supply store. Examine and mark the bills and your good to go. Do get a bill of sale signed by the guy that hands you the money incase something happens down the road.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information