Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: X Intake Grate

X Intake Grate

Which is the best intake grate for a P-X? Riva, R&D or Worx and what are the differences in the way they performe?

+1
    I was thinking the same thing now that I converted my pump shoe to the X setup. If you search the forums you will find lots of information.
    Worx best for most chop
    R&D middle of the road best of both worlds
    Riva best for flat water with little chop

+1
    From all the test everyone has done it seems the WORX is the best all around.

Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    From all the test everyone has done it seems the WORX is the best all around.

Does it give better top speed than the others or does it limit the ski or do you get about the same with better hook up? My biggest concern is the overstuff

+1
    Anyone test a WORX grate over 81.0-83.0 on a RXPX, yet? Overstuff? What it took to get over 81.0 on the WORX grate(List Mods)? These questions are for RXPX's not RXTX's.

Every grate has its strong points. The grate for you depends on your combo and the conditions you ride in most of the time.

Skoepp did a great review of these grates, but it was a RXTX. The info he gave doesn't tranfer 100% to the RXPX.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    Anyone test a WORX grate over 81.0-83.0 on a RXPX, yet? Overstuff? What it took to get over 81.0 on the WORX grate(List Mods)? These questions are for RXPX's not RXTX's.

Every grate has its strong points. The grate for you depends on your combo and the conditions you ride in most of the time.

Skoepp did a great review of these grates, but it was a RXTX. The info he gave doesn't tranfer 100% to the RXPX.
    THe only one that i have seen indicating their running WORX on RXPX was Brendus.
    I think he sold the ski since then.

From what i read the R and D does well at speed on P-X since it closes off the tunnel more at speed 75+, as far as the bucking issue.

I have good luck with the riva on both skis but cant speak for it on a RXP-X, except i will say i have seen Rideallday perform awesome with P-X with Riva grate in the washing machine lake lewi. Alot of that has to do with the driver though.

Which ever way you go there is speed to be found ditching the wings on the stocker.

+1
    Phoenixcustoms also has a WORX on his RXP-X. He found awesome hookup, great for CC racing, and .4 gain over an R&D (Brendus gained .4 also). Which if I recall is very similar to what Skoepp found on his RXT.

The nice thing about the WORX is that it closes off least amount of tunnel compared to the R&D which means better acceleration and suction all while, according to test, giving better top-end.

Check out these links below...

- Brendus Review

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70123

- Phoenixcustoms Review

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=74950

I've ordered a WORX as it seems like the mack daddy grate.

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    THe only one that i have seen indicating their running WORX on RXPX was Brendus.

From what i read the R and D does well at speed on P-X since it closes off the tunnel more at speed 75+, as far as the bucking issue.

I have good luck with the riva on both skis but cant speak for it on a RXP-X, except i will say i have seen Rideallday perform awesome with P-X with Riva grate in the washing machine lake lewi. Alot of that has to do with the driver though.

Which ever way you go there is speed to be found ditching the wings on the stocker.

Between the R&D and the Worx wich one has better top speed in stock form? which I'm not stock i'm running Riva ECU spinning 8540 RPM plus all the other goodies that go with it. but I want to compare an overall increase in speed. I know the worx grate has better hook up so I would imagine it would be the slower grate. also I would like achieve 80+ in the ocean with the grate that I decide to use. Would it take alot more power with the worx grate to achive does speeds? I'm getting the pump extension also so it will help with the overstuff

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post

Before someone gets hurt, i do need to say that there have been reports that cutting wings on stock grate on P-X dose increase the bucking issue, so is not reccomended.

+1
    [quote=skoepp;931722] except i will say i have seen Rideallday perform awesome with P-X with Riva grate in the washing machine lake lewi. Alot of that has to do with the driver though.
    quote]

Man, that guy can ride.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information