+1

fuel tank and VTS questions

hi all,

has anyone seen, know of bigger fuel tanks for long distance riding??? which will fit into the original tank location??? of add ons etc???

also, has anyone fitted vts from the t-x series to a 07 RXT???? i know on a friends T-x, the whole pump looks alot further back then my 07 RXT...

i remember seeing a thread around here for someone adding VTS to a ski.. any help would be gr8... thanks

+1
    How are you going to get a bigger tank in it? You will have to split the hull. I think some of the offshore endurance guys are running an auxiliary tank in the front storage area.

look in to the new seadoo si 18gal tank it might fit

+1

adding VTS

I added VTS to my ski here is my write up. http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=73529 No top speed gain, but fixed holeshot. I was launching out of the water before the VTS, now it just takes off and plows through the waves. This should come from the factory.

All in all pretty simple to do. The toughest part was wiring it into the MPEM. It doesnt have to come from an X ski. All my stuff came from an RXP. The only difference from the X to the regular RXT is the length of the VTS rod. On the X with wedge should be at 8 inches, on RXT with wedge should be 6 inches. This is because the pump in the X sets back 2 inches. Here is my write up to converting to the X pump shoe so you can see the differences. http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=82232 Good luck, you will love having VTS!!

+1
    hi guys,

gus13letter, thats an awesome post and exactly what i was looking for!!! after riding the t-x, thinking about buying one etc, i like my rxt too much, the kids and the missus like the stability of the ski as its basically a floating brick.. however, the sleeper look is what i like.. VTS, stage 3++ mods, cooler on the back, picnic set in the front, folding chairs in there somewhere... whole family on board.. nothing quite says it when you can keep up with a friends RXP and just pass him that little bit

it just needs VTS.. i thought the rod would have to be cut shorter.. i will get it done before i attempt putting it into the ski..

with regards to the fuel tank, have the new IS series have bigger tanks??? wasnt too sure what was out there.. was thinking of a unit that could slide in where the storage bin is.. but dont like the idea of the extra weight in the front pulling the nose down... VTS could offset it a bit..??

cheers
    retro

+1
    I dont know of anyone who put a bigger fuel tank in their ski but I know a bunch of guys who run the auxiliary tank... works well.

+1
    The Is has the suspended deck so I'm kinda thinking the tank is shaped alot different and possibly the inside of the hull too. I don't know, just thinking out loud.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by retro_racer View Post
    hi guys,

gus13letter, thats an awesome post and exactly what i was looking for!!! after riding the t-x, thinking about buying one etc, i like my rxt too much, the kids and the missus like the stability of the ski as its basically a floating brick.. however, the sleeper look is what i like.. VTS, stage 3++ mods, cooler on the back, picnic set in the front, folding chairs in there somewhere... whole family on board.. nothing quite says it when you can keep up with a friends RXP and just pass him that little bit

it just needs VTS.. i thought the rod would have to be cut shorter.. i will get it done before i attempt putting it into the ski..

with regards to the fuel tank, have the new IS series have bigger tanks??? wasnt too sure what was out there.. was thinking of a unit that could slide in where the storage bin is.. but dont like the idea of the extra weight in the front pulling the nose down... VTS could offset it a bit..??

cheers
    retro
    Thank you! Yeah VTS is great. Many dont realize the capabilities of the ski, especially when I roll up with the cooler and fishing rod mounted on the back. Then make a pass at 74.8MPH. RXT is a great all around ski!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05397.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	113650  

+1
    thanks guys... will look into the fuel tank more...

was actually thinking of perhaps getting someting amde in fibregalss similar to the wake ballast tank for the back of the ski...

its nothing major... just wanting to know..

gus13, nice pic i have one with two of us with RXT's where we have a card table between the two rear decks of the ski's and we are playing cards in the middle of the ocean.. will post it up once i find it..

Thread Information