Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Total lose flywheel?

Since i am using the total lose do i remove the stator and all the wiring from the front cover? And do you plug the hole?

+1
    I would remove it is now useless
    just cut the wires and leave the rubber plug in and smear a little 5200 on it also keep in mind the black wire is your ignition ground and if you cut it you will have to ground it to something or everything will be dead

way dont cut any wire
    total lose means you dont charge the batery but you still need the pick up to be conected to the ignition
    and please be carefull guys wen you advice some one on the forum if you not 100 % sure dont post the info i know every one try to help

So just leave it the way it is? Thanks

NO NO NO... leave the pickup part there for the ignition.. but YES remove the stator part. the large part with the winding held in with I believe 3 bolts. You will not need this part..

MOST of all DONT cut any wires. Just follow the wires where it plugs in by your ignition box and unplug them. Pull the wires out of the plastic tube shield. Mark where each wire went by etching a G for the green where they plug in. and I cant remember the color of the other one.. BROWN? I think these are the only three wires to the stator.
    However you will need to cut the black wire and run it to the engine somewhere. Keep the end that runs to the plug at the black box.

Im telling you not to cut them because IF/WHEN you want to go back to a charging flywheel/Sell your ski. You can simply run the wires back in the tube and put everything back like it was..NO splicing of the main wires.

Put your stator and bolts in a ziploc bag and put it somewhere where you can find it when you need it. DONT SELL IT!!!

When you go to mount your total loss flywheel, use a new key. Also use some machinest bluing to check fit. Spray the crank snout LIGHTLY and let dry for 30 seconds. NO RUNS!!! fit the flywheel without key, but align slot where key would be and rotate wheel 1/4 turn and back while holding positive pressure. Look and see if there are any high low spots.

+1
    Sorry about not posting enough details again I forget that some people don't understand there skis that well
    The man asked what to do with his stator I would get rid of it and make shure the rubber plug is sealed and the black wire grounded!

he wasn't talking about the pickup so for those that don't understand the ignition system that well DON'T TOUCH THE PICKUP OR ITS WIRES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will refrain from posting here in the future and let the professionals give there opinions I don't want to steer anybody wrong!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gp12
    Sorry about not posting enough details again I forget that some people don't understand there skis that well
    The man asked what to do with his stator I would get rid of it and make shure the rubber plug is sealed and the black wire grounded!

he wasn't talking about the pickup so for those that don't understand the ignition system that well DON'T TOUCH THE PICKUP OR ITS WIRES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will refrain from posting here in the future and let the professionals give there opinions I don't want to steer anybody wrong!!!
    Guys it's ok - Hell i learn something new everyday here, and i for sure still make mistakes but luckily there are those watching over that can come and correct me if i am wrong. No sweat!!

We are all here to learn - hope that it wasn't taken the wrong way.

sorry gp12 I dint try to came hard and you
    same times the person who read the post don't all ways have the experience to do the work and they pay a hi price for the mistake
    I all ways try to watch the forum us much us I can

+1

Thanks for your help and dont worry I always wait for many to chime in before I start doing any of the suggestions. Sometimes I take a little advice from everyone. Thanks again

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information