Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1

from Kale's mom....

I wanted to write a few thoughts while Kale (Hallpass to you!) is at school....

At the risk of sounding like a sappy mom, I want to thank so many of you for the help and support you have shown Kale since Green Hulk entered our world over a year ago! As I have said in the past, Jim and I were very unsure when Kale first started turning the garage into a jet ski work shop last winter. And as uncertain as we were what would still be on the floor come spring, we marveled at seeing a side of Kale we had not witnessed. He was always good at sports and school, and just about anything he set his mind to, but he had never really showed a passion about something. His build, last winter, changed all of that. Kale became dedicated and focused, and worked harder than he ever had to make the money he needed to fund his project. As his mom, it truly meant the world to see him feel confident about what he was doing and about learning along the way. I always want my boys to know they can do anything in life, especially if they are passionate about it.

With that, I just want to say that "thanks" is not enough to extend to many of you. Last year there were so many who began this journey with Kale......I hope you know who you are and how grateful I am for your part. Most recently, I have to say that Danny has stepped in as mentor and a friend, and I couldn't be more pleased! After spending time with him and his family this past weekend, I am assured that he is sincerely a nice guy, with wonderful parents. That goes a long way in my book. The boat show was one of my best, ever! To be the only woman with Kale, Danny, Randy, Bob, and Mark was a treat, to say the least! I laughed harder at lunch than I had in a very long time and was witness to Harry Potter + BB= true love forever!!

I wish you all a happy and healthy rest of the winter. A special New Year's wish goes to Dan, in your new world in Florida. Our time was short but sweet and I wish you all the best.

There is a dedicated "mom fan" here in Lawrence, Kansas who will get the mini van serviced and ready to meet everyone in Morgan City, upcoming. I think it will be my turn, soon, to launch my own ski and ride to Gros instead of drive!!!

With a smile.......Holli

+1
    I think Kale should be thanking his very cool mom right about now!

Kale is very lucky to have a family that supports such a hobby at such a young age.

Kale has the right idea working on his ski in the Chicagoland area. There are a bunch of talented guys willing to help and get him headed in the right direction. Even a few guys that have already built a conversion ski. If Kale ever needs anything while he is out this way, please let me know.

Mike

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Kale is a very good kid.

+1
    Kale has the mechanical gift, which you can't teach. You either have it or not. It is good for young men to have hobbies that they are so passionate about... it keeps them out of trouble!

Hats off to a supportive Mom!

Atta Boy Grass Hoppa!!!

Keep up the good work little man!

+1
    That's a very nice post.
    Many kids don't want to do anything these days except play video games.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    Kale has the mechanical gift, which you can't teach. You either have it or not. It is good for young men to have hobbies that they are so passionate about... it keeps them out of trouble!

Hats off to a supportive Mom!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    That's a very nice post.
    Many kids don't want to do anything these days except play video games.

World of war craft 24-7 at my house cant wait for the snow to go...Cabin fever...

Hallpass, your mom is awesome! You better build her a ski to outrun everyone....that would be the best line ever " dude, you lost to my mom!"

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffTurbo601 View Post
    Hallpass, your mom is awesome! You better build her a ski to outrun everyone....that would be the best line ever " dude, you lost to my mom!"
    LOL

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information