Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

what's the verdict on SC ceramic bearings

have (2) 2006 RXP's... one has 50 hrs the other has 110. They are both 100% stock

I feel fortunate to have not had a supercharger problem. after doing some reading here it sounds like a good idea to send my SC's to Jerry to at least have the stock washers replaced.

There's some people who have reported failures w/ the aftermarket ceramic bearings and I am wondering if it would be safer to stay with the stock bearings.

what's the best option here?

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by FuLLTiLT View Post
    have (2) 2006 RXP's... one has 50 hrs the other has 110. They are both 100% stock

I feel fortunate to have not had a supercharger problem. after doing some reading here it sounds like a good idea to send my SC's to Jerry to at least have the stock washers replaced.

There's some people who have reported failures w/ the aftermarket ceramic bearings and I am wondering if it would be safer to stay with the stock bearings.

Welcome! Get those ceramic washers replaced before it's to late!!! I would recommend upgrading to the 08 SC rebuild kit (new SC shaft, metal clutch washers, spring washers, gear, needle bearings, shaft bearings...etc.)... and forget about the ceramic bearings... stick with the stock ones

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    Welcome! Get those ceramic washers replaced before it's to late!!! I would recommend upgrading to the 08 SC rebuild kit (new SC shaft, metal clutch washers, spring washers, gear, needle bearings, shaft bearings...etc.)... and forget about the ceramic bearings... stick with the stock ones

thanks for the help... by 08 SC rebuild kit are you talking about this one...

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=763

+1
    just send them to jerry, he will put the right kit in for you.
    for basic stock applications stock bearings in the kit should be fine.

+1
    thanks for the help... by 08 SC rebuild kit are you talking about this one...

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=763

Yes, that is the kit you want.

+1
    Jerry, what's the verdict on the new metal washers in that kit, do you suggest sticking with the BRP washers or going to the Riva washers?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Jerry, what's the verdict on the new metal washers in that kit, do you suggest sticking with the BRP washers or going to the Riva washers?
    It's really all up to what you want to do. If someone want's me to rebuild their stockish superchargers with the kit and leave the OEM washers in I have no problem doing that. If someone sends me a Rude then i recommend the Riva washes.

I personally assemble the Rude chargers and can tell you i toss the OEM washers in the garbage and assemble them with Riva washers.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    It's really all up to what you want to do. If someone want's me to rebuild their stockish superchargers with the kit and leave the OEM washers in I have no problem doing that. If someone sends me a Rude then i recommend the Riva washes.

I personally assemble the Rude chargers and can tell you i toss the OEM washers in the garbage and assemble them with Riva washers.
    Okay thanks Jerry...

+1

so, I understand we need ceramic washers replaced but what is the word on ceramic bearings? are they better than the stockers in the 08 kit

+1
    It's amazing how everyone has danced around the thread's subject without actually answering it, isn't it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information