Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

a golden question

when i ride in the lake i normally like to ride in, if i go on a day when theres a bunch of people to race or jump waves from boats, I have to give up the smoothness of water to race on for 90% of the chains. i like to go to the river which is always smooth but i rarely go out there. is it worth it to give up a little top speed in smooth with the trim tabs for the gain of top speed in the rough water. In rough water i mean when my ski actually goes into the bottom of a rolling wave and the bigger skis hop or stay on top. My ski likes to jump all the way out of the water when theres stay hooked. (yes i would send them to jim for his mod if some1 could tell me what it does)

+1
    i set mine up for the lake i ride in most, i added a 2 bar grate which i understand costs a little on top but keeps you hooked up better...i was turning left when i jumped off the throttle and had to hang on like crazy.

check my signature = ) got a riva 2 bar. I'm just trying to figure out if it will help me more in the rough water than it takes away from me in the smooth water

Is it worth it? That's only something you can answer! If you are racing a lot on the lake and are getting walked on, then hell yes it's worth it. If you have to wait for the perfect day, calm water to win, then you're results will alway be tainted accourding to the guys you race.

BUT, you need to figure out what important to you. Do you always want to be able to run the TOP speed you can (only in good water,) or do you want to race in everyday conditions and win?

These are the things we all strugle with! You can't have your cake and eat it too!

Good Luck!

thx killer, i think im gunna go with em. its annoying to have to tell the guy "ok, now come race me over here in the smooth water"

+1
    I'll tell you now.
    A good gpr set up for closed course. (pick up, cornering etc) is an absolute joy.
    I personally would loose 10mph and go for handling any day.
    I know this forum is all about absolute top speed, BUT, get a well sorted 65mph gpr with killer holeshot and handling, and theres NOTHING will stay with you around the buoys! The best ski I owned before the gpr was the old XP, but no way it was up with the Gpr.(And it would break down evry three hours).
    get your Gpr right, and there are hundreds of hours before a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose
    I personally would loose 10mph and go for handling any day....
    The beauty is with the GPR you don't have too!!! Giving 10mph is a bit extreme anyway You can have a 75mph ski AND great handling!!! NO if ands or buts about it!

Hold up. You live in Orlando but you go to a lake to ride? You got all that ocean.

ya but what am i gunna do with all that ocean besides waste gas driving on open water with nobody around? theres way more people to race here on the lakes. plus its at least a 45 min drive each way to get to any beach from downtown orlando.

+1
    and no sharks in the lake !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information