Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Being dragged kicking and screaming into 1997 afcblink's Avatar

What is/was the prettiest ski model?

What do y'all think was/is the best looking ski? (I mean stock production models -- I'm not referring to custom paint or individual mods.)

Here's what got me thinking about it. Since I'm "the jet ski guy" in the office, a co-worker asked me about Polaris, and I mentioned that I had a real soft spot for the SLX, especially with the white-gray-red 2000 graphics. I just think that's a pretty darn handsome ski. I showed him a photo off the web, and he said it didn't impress him at all, compared to an RXP-X (which I frannkly find a bit overstyled.)

So, what do all of you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PLED1969J900_001_small.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	113734  

2002 stx-r or 2007 ultra 250x (red)
    i am partial though

+1
    with out a doubt in my mind i think the best looking jetski is the gpr.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    By far... the 95 XP800 Limited

End of thread
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2087.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	2.43 MB 
ID:	113752  

2008 GPR. Nothing could possibly change my mind on that. The GPR has the best flowing lines. Looks like it was bred for racing. Nice sleek look, not boxy or Pontiac Aztec look of the RXP. In Yamaha Blue it's just gorgeous.

"ICON" - The GP1300R

In early 2000, Yamaha released a ski that not only changed the face of watercraft racing, but also that of the entire performance watercraft world. The hull was in the finest sense, a conundrum, especially for the competition. No other hull on the market before, or since has showed such flexibility. It has many titles behind it ranging from winning IJSBA closed course world championships, from winning endurance races such as the Mark Hahn 6 hour long 300 mile memorial race to shattering flat water speed records at the Mud Bug Nationals.

A quick look at the GP®1300R reveals a very wide seat. There is no doubt that this was designed around the winding, powerful snaking exhaust pipe that was impossible to improve upon over the years. To this day, the “single pipe” GPR is an icon in many circles. This unique seat and the rest of the sculptured top deck have proven to be a favorite among many riders and racers alike. It is often said, you ride “in a GPR, not on a GPR,” referring to the seating position that naturally holds you in the seat like no other ski. Adding to the mystique of control was the Yamaha brand of horizontal steering, the flexibility of adjustable trim tabs, moveable sponsons, countless aftermarket rideplates and scoop grates, and you have a ski history that is nothing short of a fabled Greek Goddess of the water.

To the eye, the lines of the GPR are aesthetically pleasing. The rounded shapes and flowing lines are a massive departure from the angular shapes of today’s skis. In simple words, it screams smoothness, quality, hot-rod, sport-bike and race craft all at one time. This ski does not exist in the middle of any road; you know it the first time you lay eyes on it. After 2008 when Yamaha no longer sells this masterpiece of the water, rest assured there will be many GPR’s for years to come. It is a design in nature to a 1960s big block Corvette®, or a 1955 Chevrolet® hard top.

In the 9th production year, the GPR has proven itself in every arena. Great manners, good acceleration, coupled with excellent Yamaha reliability. No other ski can fill the void of this venerable ski, nor match the performance in the racing world.

Jerry Gaddis
    Greenhulk.net
    Last edited by RXP-REX; 03-26-2010 at 11:32 AM.

The 07 GP1300R Black/Gold is a sharp looking ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP-REX View Post
    2008 GPR. Nothing could possibly change my mind on that. The GPR has the best flowing lines. Looks like it was bred for racing. Nice sleek look, not boxy or Pontiac Aztec look of the RXP. In Yamaha Blue it's just gorgeous.
    yup, thats the best looking ski to my eye. best lines as Rex said

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP-REX View Post
    Pontiac Aztec look of the RXP.
    Dude... those are the most hideous looking things to ever hit the road

You think the RXP has that look ... I completely have to disagree with you on that

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    Dude... those are the most hideous looking things to ever hit the road

You think the RXP has that look ... I completely have to disagree with you on that
    The Ultra Hydro ski is definately the ugliest thing I've seen!

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=83022

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    I completely have to disagree with you on that
    Disagree with many then!

I like my ski, don't get me wrong. But it looks like it's stealth! RXT IS is even worse! SkiDoo sleds (Rev XP) are worse yet!!! I don't know who BRP has in their design department but damn!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information