Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Riva rear air

Riva rear air

. . has anyone had issues with taking in water with the Riva Rear Air Intake setup? I'm deciding whether to buy one or go with the Kanaflex setup with the 4 inch cleaner..
    After reading the details on the product, it is not recommended for heavy surf riding ..

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0060 View Post
    . . has anyone had issues with taking in water with the Riva Rear Air Intake setup? I'm deciding whether to buy one or go with the Kanaflex setup with the 4 inch cleaner..
    After reading the details on the product, it is not recommended for heavy surf riding ..
    I WANTED THE SAME THING BUT DECIDED AGAINST IT BECAUSE I RIDE IN THE SEA 100% OF THE TIME,BIG WAVE OVER THE SKI MEANS TROUBLE WITH THAT SET UP...WOULDNT WANA RISK IT

+1
    I run it and have had no problems. But I also ride in fresh water lakes and rivers only

Sorry not looking to hijack your thread but would like to add another question to the same topic. Has anyone flipped a ski with the rear air intake. I have been thinking of adding this to my ski but flipping a ski and sucking in water had me paranoid. Should I be? Thanks in advance for your input.

. . .You didnt hijack the thread! I actually had the same concern.. I've flipped mine twice in two seasons. Wondering about the same thing too. That issue did cross my mind as well. I've had feedback from another "ocean-rider" who experienced water intake..

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0060 View Post
    . . .You didnt hijack the thread! I actually had the same concern.. I've flipped mine twice in two seasons. Wondering about the same thing too. That issue did cross my mind as well. I've had feedback from another "ocean-rider" who experienced water intake..
    THE amount of water that sprays rider and boat when on the sea its hard to see how water would be kept out ..every time i ride water gets in my hull i have to wash and lube it all over,i reckon its a none starter,shame because it looks like a great kit

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Sorry not looking to hijack your thread but would like to add another question to the same topic. Has anyone flipped a ski with the rear air intake. I have been thinking of adding this to my ski but flipping a ski and sucking in water had me paranoid. Should I be? Thanks in advance for your input.
    I havent done this mod for this reason. I jump waves a lot and usually end up upside down a few times, I dont ride in glass water enough to make it worth it for me...

+1
    id go kanoflex personally.
    a. its safer from water ingestion.
    b. its proven to outflow anything even riva rear intake.
    c. price.

+1
    I use the rear air and typically ride in the ocean without issue. Now I dont go "wave jumping" and I dont go around doing 360's. I save all that for my XP

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    i have the the riva rear air intake and have flip my ski with it, i didn't get it turn off quick enough so i had to pull plugs and i'c tube going 2 t b, block the t b from the i/c to keep any more water going in trun it over to get the water out of the engine then replace the plugs and start it to get water out of the s/c and i/c make sure no water go into the t b from the i/c run untill no more water comes out replace the i/c tube going to the t b and start and let it run 4 a while havent had any trble since i might change it

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information