Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    +1

RXP 79.2mph, mods to get me there!!

ok so it was downriver, so i really dont count it as a good run, but i bet i got everyones attention, i just thought i would list the mods because it will really benifet all you guys running riva intakes and RR IC's, if you dont want to run the riva intake like hulk did.....up in the front storage bin...... i found that there is another option that will give you a nice gain , maybe not as good as hulks but it is still a gain from teh regular riva filter location, what i did was take 2 3" inside dia. 45 degree pvc elbows, hooked them up in a way that they place the filter towards the bottom of the fresh air intake vent, with the filter if you cut the bottom of it out so that it will slide over the pvc(you will be changing the opening about 1-1.5 inches wider) and rune the fan setup in the intake duct like alot of us have on this board, i saw a 100 rpm gain, fom it, i think hulks was like 150-200, i ride in alot of rough water so i get a little more water in the hull that others, so when the boat is nice and cool that brings my max rpm's to 8450, i filled in teh rideplate holes, and the best mod i think anyone can do is insulate your IC tubing, and your power pipe, from the beginning of the day till the end...2 full tanks later i had NO rpm loss, 8450 all day long in 90+ temps.my best speed in no current was 77.3 on glass water, when i saw 79.2 on the gps goin down river i about s%#$, but i guess that just means teh current is about 2 mph, so i figured i would post because there was alot of speculation about whether or not the wrapping would help out, and i think it does in a big way, sorry i dont have any video, i guess we will just be on teh honer system as far as speeds go, hope this helps some of ya out.
    evan

What stage do you have?

+1
    looks like i will be insulating my intercooler pipes

Evan, does your ski porpoise at those speeds?

seadoo02,
    Whip out a picture so the ones like me can get a better picture of the PVC set up.

WHAT STAGE?

+1
    oh ya jerry, im bouncin all over the place, because i have a wedge,

as for the stage.....i guess a stage 2, here are my mods

RRecu
    RR IC
    vortech impeller
    solas
    84mm nozzle
    trued rideplate
    riva grate
    riva wedge
    riva intake, modified like i said
    2-4" atwood blowers, 1 in front 1 in rear
    RR charger clutch/shaft/ect
    RR thermostat
    worx and no opas
    about half of my hook in the hull has been removed

i forgot to add when i posted that the body shop we use at work took out a portion of the hook, we werent sure how much to take out so i would say it was approx half of it, it still porposed but it didnt seem any worse, i did all teh mods at once this past week so im not sure which one of them gained me the most, but i do believe i am done75+ is what i was after and i can do that in moderate chop now so im just gonna ride out with it for teh rest of teh year and see what is in store for the winter

+1
    i could take a pic of the intake if you guys would like but i really dont want to take it back out, buts it isnt that big of a deal, its just 2 45degree elbows, one end has a big end and the other will slide into it, just hooke em together and twist them to where the filter is where you like it, ill try to get a pic in a day or so, im also going to test without the wedge this week and see how much it really gives, because i dont like it

seadoo,
    Here is the Million dollar question for me. I see that you have the RR clutch/shaft/ect adn the vortex impeller. How many hours do you have on that section alone, who did the install if you did not, how much ft lb di did you put on the cluch and to shim or not to shim?????

+1
    35 hours on the setup and goin really strong, Glen Perry himself built it for me, he built most of the ski, i have just been tweaking and truing things, i thought he said 12 newton meters, but im not sure, i know it is set to a low slip point but im reving 8450 so im sure it isnst slipping at wot,

+1
    Million dollar question #2. Why is your ski supposedly 4+ MPH faster than everyone else running the same setup? You are supposedly running the same speed as Jerry and Frank and they have much more HP than you. What gives?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information