Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What kind of coat to wear while jet skiing in the cold?

hi guys im planning on going jet skiing in early april the water temp would probably be a little below 50 degrees. i have a slippery matrix wetsuit. 2mm head mask. 5mm boats and 2mm gloves. Im also planning on gettinga helmet moto x style. now i was wondering what kind of jacket to wear? LIke i guess throw it over my life jacket i asome so your input would be great!
    thanks

justin

Both Slippery and Jet Pilot make a neo tour coat that is made to be worn over a pfd.
    Where do you ride? What are the average April air and water temps there?
    What mil wetsuit?

+1
    Jet pilot makes a tour coat with a hood.

Make sure your head and feet are covered and you will be fine.

You may also want to look up the Zangear thread in the General classifieds they have some neoprene masks that are very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by BAR BAY H.O. View Post
    Both Slippery and Jet Pilot make a neo tour coat that is made to be worn over a pfd.
    Where do you ride? What are the average April air and water temps there?
    What mil wetsuit?
    i ride in a bay or the long island sound. in april the temp can be in the 30s t the high 50s. im frm nyc. i have 2/3 mm slippery wetsuit. i have boots and a mask

The water gets cold here in good old north Alabama and we ride all year. If the air temp is above 40 we wear a wetsuit of choice but we also put a rain suit on top of it so you only get what water comes in around your collar which isn't that bad it also cuts out the wind which can get tough when your wet in cool weather. I have rode for a couple hrs and not even get wet.

yea but where i am im bound to get wet if the wind comes out of the north or the south its just the way u cut u know

+1
    I just bought a Mustang jacket and love it. http://www.mustangsurvival.com/produ...uct.php?id=242
    This solves the Q of jaket over or under PFD.

It's a great product and plenty warm.
    -be sure to check the size chart. (buy a size smaller than norm)

thanks

im looking at all my options.

A 3/2 is pretty thin for NJ/NY preseason and beginning of season. I would recommend a thicker suit.

My cold weather gear is a hooded 5/4, wind pants, double 1.5 booties, JP race boots, ride glove and neo glove, neo face mask, and layer with either Nike Dry or NRS.

For cold season days or early mornings I wear board shorts, long sleave ride shirt, JP race boots with bootie, Slip gloves, and wind pants. As things warm up Ill take the long pant and shirt off.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BAR BAY H.O. View Post
    A 3/2 is pretty thin for NJ/NY preseason and beginning of season. I would recommend a thicker suit.

My cold weather gear is a hooded 5/4, wind pants, double 1.5 booties, JP race boots, ride glove and neo glove, neo face mask, and layer with either Nike Dry or NRS.

For cold season days or early mornings I wear board shorts, long sleave ride shirt, JP race boots with bootie, Slip gloves, and wind pants. As things warm up Ill take the long pant and shirt off.

Evo- Listen to Aaron (Bar Bay)..... He is friggin' nuts... I'm pretty sure his ski saw water in January....
    For real though..He definitely rides cold weather and knows how to stay warm.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information