Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Video

Video

Does anyone know what may be done to this ski? I have the same year.

+1
    Well....there are many options it could have done.

1. Aftermarket head to increase compression. Stay 155psi or less for pump gas.
    2. Aftermarket ride plate, intake grate, prop etc
    3. Larger then stock Carbs
    4. Tripples are an option for your ski "exhaust" which gain tremendous HP
    5. Porting done to the cylinders and cases
    6. Big bore kits to increase the engine size

It's hard to say unless that's someone's ski on this site. The good news is there are plenty of options for your ski. It's just how much you want to spend.

Mike

I have a 99 gp800 to it stock nothing after market. Well other then a new top end.

The 98 gp1200 has an intake and ride plate. I am going to ride it this summer and see how it rides. My main thing is going to be the acceleration. I really not that much into topend speed. I love the way this thing turn out of corners and shoots!!

On the gp800 I like to know were should I start on it? I know it going to need a ride plate and intake. Well so I was told. The gp800 is going to be for wife and or friends.

+1
    Randy...the 800 is pretty tapped out other then increasing the compression from everything I've ever heard about it. It runs great and makes good HP for an 800. I would swap the prop and toss a little more compression on it and leave it be.

The Gp1200 on the other hand would certainly accelerate faster with the compression raised. You can go anywhere from 155PSI pump gas....to something as far as 195 psi running 110 race fuel. I have both heads for my 1200 Raider. The nice thing is most aftermarket heads use O rings so your not buying head gaskets over and over to swap back and forth. The real thing you need to ask yourself is how much do you want to spend? Heads, prop and larger carbs will help the machine make a bit more power. The carbs I would not suggest unless you have some porting done to the cylinders. The stock carbs do a decent job until you do more internal work.

M

I was looking at the web site Group-k. Looks like they know there stuff!! What are you about there work??

Thanks
    Randy

Also I am not looking to put tons of money.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy11023 View Post
    I was looking at the web site Group-k. Looks like they know there stuff!! What are you about there work??

Thanks
    Randy

Also I am not looking to put tons of money.

Harry and those guys do great work and have been in the business for quite some time. There are other options also just depends on where you want to go. Tim Judge at Judge Performance, Lowell, Woody...etc etc.

Randy if your looking for cheap upgrades, you can't go wrong with a Head, Reeds, F/A and a prop. That will get you started and from there you can go further.

M

+1
    Used 65U head is about $150-$200
    Reeds if you went all out VF3's - $325
    Prop-$150-$200
    F/A and Adapters are $150ish

This is assuming your looking for bottom end power. If you want more top end speed...add a intake grate and ride plate to help get the nose up and more water in the pump!

M

mike, do you think that gk will still do work on our 65u's? like do you think a 97 hammer will still be a 97 hammer mod or are they just gonna say they are gonna do a 97 hammer and just start removing metal haha

+1
    Well....to say this....is going on a limb a bit...but,

It's been stated a few times that they have changed their porting templates and I'm certain they have "IN MY OPINION". I cannot say...and I have never heard Harry and or his brother say they have backed their port timing off a bit to save reliability. Back in the early days...they did make some really fast stuff. My Raider 1100 for instance ran 66-67mph with the Sleeper kit plus some tweaks that Myself, Bacon, Bull Raider and Darthraider found out years ago to get more speed. Another instance....my Raider ran with 155 Main jets.....which is CRAZY when you think about it....and now the other kits I've seen run like 125-140's ...you tell me? Mine was one of the first raiders done according to the previous owner....and now even on their website it only calls for like 63-64mph?

DO they do good work....yes.... Is it as aggressive as say a Tim Judge, Lowell job....I'm not sure but I don't think so??

<M

+1
    Then again.....the porting may be the same....I honestly don't know.

M

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information