Thread: spec 2?

"Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar

Smile spec 2?

Im buying a spec 2 and it doesn't come with a stinger. Will i benefit from welding on a stinger so i can hard jet it or will i be alright just hard jetting my stock 97spx waterbox. I heard that if you have a stinger you can go lower with the mikuni jet in the ecwi for some added performance.

What jetting do you guys use in your waterbox,stinger,mid pipe, ecwi on the spec 2?

Thanks alot

Mike

Where would you weld on a stinger? Isn't the stinger part of the chamber pipe? Did someone cut it off?

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    The stinger tap goes in the barb at the tailcone. If you look inside it is sleeved, drill the outer hole close up to the front of the sleeve just inside the outer weld bead. The purpose is to cool the coupler so that it doesn't melt.

Do not drill into the chamber...

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoobutch787 View Post
    Im buying a spec 2 and it doesn't come with a stinger. Will i benefit from welding on a stinger so i can hard jet it or will i be alright just hard jetting my stock 97spx waterbox. I heard that if you have a stinger you can go lower with the mikuni jet in the ecwi for some added performance.

What jetting do you guys use in your waterbox,stinger,mid pipe, ecwi on the spec 2?

Thanks alot

Mike

Hey MIke,

Jetting, if I remember right, is 120 in the ewci, 95 in midpipe, and 150 in stinger. My midpipe tap is installed against the oil tank side.

And you weren't exactly told correctly. The EWCI is only open for a split second, so jetting is irrelevant to the stinger. What he meant to tell you is, that you could go lower on your midpipe jet (running the pipe hotter for more max rpms) by having a stinger jet. This does affect your low-end torque, as the water in the midpipe contributes to the EWCI during the 3-5500rpm transition. I wouldn't go lower than an 85 jet, as it will melt your midpipe coupler. Also the water needs to be filtered, the FP strainer will not catch sand. I use a Flo-Jet strainer/filter.

Thread Information