Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sell me on a Yamaha

I want to buy a watercraft THIS week for my wife's 40th. I've looked and researched Sea Doo like crazy. For some background, I've never owned a watercraft, we have three kids, ages 10, 10 and 4. So far I'm most interested in the Sea Doo GTI SE 130hp for around 8K and an 05 RXT 215 hp for around 10K. From what little I know, I like the price and manuverability of the GTI (power is a concern because I weigh 270lbs(but I'm good looking!)) and I like the power of the RXT but not sure if we need that much power and not sure if it will have the "turning" fun factor because it is so big.

My problem is I've got to get something real quick and I know nothing about Yamaha's other than the fact I am too stupid to see their different models on their web page. When I tap on models I get three options that involve financing, "my account???" and the 50th anniversary addition. Not very user friendly website for us dummies.

So here is the request: Does Yamaha have something less pricy than the RXT but with more power than the GTI in a 3 seater. If so, what is the model and what is the MSRP? Also, any pro's and con's vs other models would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

X-Cane

if you are looking for a 3-seater that still has plenty of power, check out the Yamaha FX High Output 160hp. I am not sure about the MSRP but it should be cheaper than the RXT.

+1
    I would not buy a 215hp boat if your kids ride it.The Yamaha FX is a 140hp 4 stroke or the 160hp FX high output like Phil stated would be a great boat.I think the 140HP FX is around $9,500-$9,700
    http://www.yamaha-motor.com/waverunn...6/0/specs.aspx

(power is a concern because I weigh 270lbs(but I'm good looking!)) now that is funny!

Welcome X-cane to the best forum on the net!

+1
    I second that. No muscle craft for the kids, that is a bad accident or injury waiting to happen.

The Yamaha 3-seater is the thing that most people are doing for the family thing and everyday recreational riding. The yamaha is also a 4-stroke and is very reliable, i think you guys would all enjoy it. Plus it has tons of storage space for the average small cooler (or even a small child, if you have a rowdy one).

THE YAMAMHA FX LINE is a great ski to have.
    it will be fun for you the wife and the kids i have the 2003 FX Cruiser and we love it i was goiing to trade it in on a RXT myself but did not that ski has NEVER been in the shop (other then the 10hr lube job)
    and i dont want to spend my summers in the shop becuse of SC's going out and Bla Bla Bla not saying the RXT is a bad ski but do a alot of research it will pay off in the long run

here is a pic of the best looking kid & 3 seater out there

+1
    EWE can also ride 3 sheep at 1 time.........

FX Cruiser VS FX

What is the difference between the FX Cruiser High Output and the FX High Output? The biggest difference I see is the Cruiser's MSRP is $900 more.

Thanks,

X-Cane

+1

Re: FX Cruiser VS FX

Quote Originally Posted by X-Cane
    What is the difference between the FX Cruiser High Output and the FX High Output? The biggest difference I see is the Cruiser's MSRP is $900 more.

Thanks,

X-Cane
    Absolutly nothing except the seat design, the colors, and the body shape is slighly different. Identical motors.

buy the FX High Output or the fx 140 and you can find the rear seat on ebay for $75.00 to $200.00 and you have your self cruiser

yamaha's FX line does have the best seat out there

Thanks,

Thanks a million for your feedback. I've got the number of the closest five Yamaha dealers near me and I plan on calling them and have each one give me their best "take it or leave it" offer on a FX and FX HO. I'm not sure which one I'm going to go with yet, but I will buy two of the same kind.

What kind of deal should I expect? (anyone's feedback of actual price they've bought one for would be much appreciated)

Thanks again,

Scott

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information