Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

neal300zx's RXT build

Well, I figured that since the two most informative threads I have found on this site so far are jpeconsult and Ried's build thread I would start my own. I picked up a stock RXT a few weeks ago with 34 hours. My current plans are:

SC - Riva metal washers and Green wheel, Kanaflex 4 " intake, Riva Catch Can, Riva freeflow exhaust, OPAS delete, Solas 14/19r, Riva intake grate, Riva wedge, filled ride plate holes. Should have all of this done by next weekend to get a good base line. I currently have the Catch installed and the ride plate holes filled. I am waiting on the Kanaflex from Moreland hose. jpeconsult will be sending out my new 14/19 with the Riva OPAS delete kit on Monday. SC going to Jerry on Monday also. Also ordered the touch up kit from Spectrumcolor for a gouge I have on the front of the ski.

My future plans (next month or so) are XS intercoller kit and 42s and see where that puts me. From there.. who knows. I have a feeling this could get expensive though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01632.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	497.0 KB 
ID:	114081   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01629.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	578.1 KB 
ID:	114082   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01630.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	547.0 KB 
ID:	114083   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01633.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	521.9 KB 
ID:	114084   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01634.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	563.1 KB 
ID:	114085  

First question. Pulled the pump tonight and noticed something is missing. It is a bolt with some type of thick bushing on top of the ride plate. I noticed there is also one on the pump housing. Is there suppose to be one of these on both sides? Check out the pics. Also check out my impeller and wear ring
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01621.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	555.3 KB 
ID:	114086   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01619.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	464.5 KB 
ID:	114087   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01620.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	461.7 KB 
ID:	114088   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01625.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	451.3 KB 
ID:	114089   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01624.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	455.5 KB 
ID:	114090  

those are "zincs"...
    just one on the pump housing and one on the heat exchanger/plate.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by neal300zx View Post
    First question. Pulled the pump tonight and noticed something is missing. It is a bolt with some type of thick bushing on top of the ride plate. I noticed there is also one on the pump housing. Is there suppose to be one of these on both sides? Check out the pics. Also check out my impeller and wear ring
    That is your zinc anode to prevent corrosion. Nothing is missing.

+1
    Neal...You would have gained speed with just a wear ring and impeller repair!

Also, thanks for the compliments, but if you haven't already don so, you should read Steven's (Skoepp) "Tested new mods with results". He is crazy detailed in mod testing, tweeking and performing. He posts a lot of pictures in his posts...Although he doesn't have a RXT, he did have a GTX 185 and replaced it with a RXT-X and also has a RXP. Its just a plain awesome thread. Read it!

Another suggestion. You should test after each mod to give you an idea of what each mod is giving you. When you do multiple mods at one time, it is hard to narrow down problems that WILL arrise! Good luck, man. --jeremy

+1
    Sorry. Also in picture 1...That hose is for the OPAS system. Once you remove the OPAS paddles and OPAS steering mechanism, you will need to plug the lfittings where that ho0se connects to. Just a head up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    those are "zincs"...
    just one on the pump housing and one on the heat exchanger/plate.
    .. I actualy had read about that but didn't look to see where it was located. Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    Neal...You would have gained speed with just a wear ring and impeller repair!

Also, thanks for the compliments, but if you haven't already don so, you should read Steven's (Skoepp) "Tested new mods with results". He is crazy detailed in mod testing, tweeking and performing. He posts a lot of pictures in his posts...Although he doesn't have a RXT, he did have a GTX 185 and replaced it with a RXT-X and also has a RXP. Its just a plain awesome thread. Read it!

Another suggestion. You should test after each mod to give you an idea of what each mod is giving you. When you do multiple mods at one time, it is hard to narrow down problems that WILL arrise! Good luck, man. --jeremy
    I know, I was suprised how bad the impeller is with only 34 hours.

I will have to go back and read Steven's thread. I started to but never finished.

On the testing, I plan to start after I get these base mods on it. Problem is the weather here. Hopefully it will hold up and I can get some results next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    Sorry. Also in picture 1...That hose is for the OPAS system. Once you remove the OPAS paddles and OPAS steering mechanism, you will need to plug the lfittings where that ho0se connects to. Just a head up.
    I figured that, just have not had time to look it up yet. I saw the R&D kit comes with the fitting. What did you use and what do you recomend?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by neal300zx View Post
    I figured that, just have not had time to look it up yet. I saw the R&D kit comes with the fitting. What did you use and what do you recomend?
    The pump has a threaded fitting where that hose connects...Replace that fitting with a threaded cap...use teflon tape.

The top of the transom, where the hose is connected in your pic, I think you can find some little rubber caps that will fit over the nipple...then clamp it down. Take a picture to the hardware store and brose the isles.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information