Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fuel usage 250X

Fuel usage 250X

Can anyone enlighten me on the fuel usage of these monsters. I am currently in the market for a new ski, updating from an 95 750 X4. Just trying to decide if a 250X is for my family. If my wife rides it, she would be very sedate, if I ride it I will be hard on it. I know its a bit hard to help on advise when the riding is so different , but any information will do.My dealer tells me they go for hours, but I dont tend to beleive him.
    Thanks
    Matt

P.S - We still havent upgraded to the 260X in Australia yet, should be soon my dealer tells me

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 308walky View Post
    Can anyone enlighten me on the fuel usage of these monsters. I am currently in the market for a new ski, updating from an 95 750 X4. Just trying to decide if a 250X is for my family. If my wife rides it, she would be very sedate, if I ride it I will be hard on it. I know its a bit hard to help on advise when the riding is so different , but any information will do.My dealer tells me they go for hours, but I dont tend to beleive him.
    Thanks
    Matt

P.S - We still havent upgraded to the 260X in Australia yet, should be soon my dealer tells me
    of course they will go for hours depends on how you ride it
    we have one as a family ski and tow alot with it. fuel usage is depandant on how hard you ride it, i can go through a tank of fuel in just over an hour or we can make it last all afternoon towing the kids. on long group rides we get around 140km on 80ltrs if that helps.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    of course they will go for hours depends on how you ride it
    we have one as a family ski and tow alot with it. fuel usage is depandant on how hard you ride it, i can go through a tank of fuel in just over an hour or we can make it last all afternoon towing the kids. on long group rides we get around 130km on 80ltrs if that helps.
    I get the same results, Just that I dont have the deep pickup
    abd can always get atleast 120kms, riding style dependent as said

Waz

i have gone 120 km on a full tank with deep fuel pickup and rode it pretty hard in some chop (3-5 feet) and drove the last 20km on the blinker,i had one GTX and two SHO and they also came in on the blinker ,but if you drive miss Daisy you can go alot longer

+1

fuel usage

Riding fairly easy, say 5500 rpm's, 50mph you will get just over 4 miles per gallon. I can get about 70 miles before buzzer or 85/90 miles on a tank.

Our other club members Yamaha's that aren't fuel injected get substantially better mileage, maybe double.

A jetski pump is inherently less efficient than a propeller.

A note on 250X fuel tank readings - Tank holds 22 gallons, the buzzer rings when there is about 7 gallons left.
    I use a GPS and at that point I give myself 25 more miles at maximum before I'm out of gas. Kawasaki is abbiding
    by the old boat rule of 1/3 gas to destination, 1/3 back and 1/3 reserve.

Yea when the buzzer goes off, there is alot left in the tank. Stay out of the boost and you can ride for a while.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1

Talking

If you want the power to play you got to pay!
    but you can still ride easy and save some fuel.

Or go the LX and get better Mph again, but with the lesser performance.And get the biggest storage of any ski, I have squeezed into the front area when working on my fuel tank, thats how big it is in der, this is a very handy thing to have for a family ski,

Waz

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blownhotrodder View Post
    Yea when the buzzer goes off, there is alot left in the tank. Stay out of the boost and you can ride for a while.
    99% our riding is two up if you stay down on the boost you will get alot more out of it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post

I have squeezed into the front area, thats how big it is in der, this is a very handy thing to have for a family ski,

Waz
    How does it handle with you loaded into the front storage area?

+1
    thats where he puts the missus, the dog gets the back seat as she is well behaved.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information