Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Best combination for closed course

What would be a better combination for closed course boat
    C kit with igni power?
    Or turbo garret with 9100 Les cooke ecu?

ROTAX RACING performance
    +1
    you should look at the AUTRONIC SM4 ECU with Turbo setup. Les Cooke is never running a turbo with the 9100 RPM ECU. you need the AntiLag to run a turbo in close course, or you have a very small turbo with custom hot housing, but then you will not have the big power,

the C-Kit SC works well with the IGNI Power, but you need the right mapping for that charger, and other parts that mach that combo

btw. no one on the forum has one of your option running successfull ( not because it does not work )

The problem is seting up the Autronic is very complicated. right know i tested igni power with turbo and it has a some lag.
    My idea is that C kit with the right setup igni power should be faster off the line.?

ROTAX RACING performance
    +1
    the Autronic is the most easy setup on the turbo!, you can not run the IGNI with the turbo successfull at a race ski,

with the SC it is more easy if you have the perfekt mapping. but you will not get that on the forum.and the prop /pump setup plays a big role as well.

So your opinion is that a C kit with the right maping would be faster off the line?

Think i can give you the answer to your question me and James Bushell bought 2 light weight hulls from Malt in south of france last september, James is lez cooke turbo, mine c kit both fully loaded with the latest of everything in them from lez, had there first outing today at british winter round James used them both and could nt decide which one was the quickest there both like bullets left everyone standin but would say the c kit is more reliable than the turbo will post the video of the holeshot and photos of the skis on here sometime this week.

canadian iceman
    +1
    sooo what was cost difference from one to the other??? (hope you don't mind me asking...i plan on building a similar setup...just want to allocate enough doe to do it!!)...i assume these boats are for CC racing??

To be honest i use mine just for fun and to help James develop a championship winning ski and James uses it now and again to test and race on but i sponsor James and he builds mine it depends on where you want to start buy one from direct from Lez or James from scratch around £20000 if you already have a rxp and want everything in it including launch control etc around £7000 but thats not including the light weight hull but the hull alone would give you the equivalant of 100 bhp more mine is over 200 pounds lighter now. 2 of us can lift it up.

C kit should be cheaper than turbo.
    Dave do you mean by more reliable you have les problems with the C kit than turbo?
    Also dave what do you prefer?

canadian iceman
    +1
    i will probably stick with my stock rxp-x hull due to the cost...and sorry for my ignorance but how much is that these days in US dollars???....i would definately go with the SC setup...???

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information