Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Filming for the engine SHO FZS

Hello to all:
    I go time reading this forum but I have registered only a few days ago. I am useful to appear and to greet all all from Spain, here habemos a great interest which we share your madness for the sea and the ski, (water motorcycle).
    My ski is a Sho Cruiser and waiting for the new FZS, the first thing I ask excuse me for my writing since I do not dominate very much the Englishman and have to be translating ... jejeje ... the second one that not if this one is the suitable paragraph where to write to do the following question on a doubt that I have...

Since already I have said, I am anxious for that my FZS comes, and when he(she) throws(adds) it to the water want to do the best (rodaje) filming.
    Here one gives a lot of importance to do a good (rodaje) filming to the ski in order that the engine works to the high mas performance(yield) of his(her,your) posibiidades, and the question that I want to do to you is: which is the best (rodaje) filming for an engine SHO?

notices: filming (RODAJE) is the name that we give him to the process of the engine from his putting in march of 0 hours until 10 hours., not the name that you give him there in English...
    In advance I am grateful for your answers and help..
    Regards

Welcome to the forum Espanol. Not sure I understand your question but if you want to know how to break it in, if that's what you're asking, search break in and you will find a lot on here.

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    yeah...I think hes talking about breaking the engine in....theres 2 methods:

1. The 'factory' way as described in the manual....or,

2. The 'Greenhulk' way.......wide-open throttle from the beginning baby....

do a forum search on 'break-in' as Voodoo said....you will find alot....

and keep practicing your English...ur doing well...u'll get it soon

The Greenhulk way is basically to give her a good warm-up and then start doing SHORT WOT (wide open throttle) bursts to get the rings seated. As you get more time on the engine, give it longer WOT bursts.

just folow the manual recomendations, I am waiting for my black FZS too and not taking any chances.

Quote Originally Posted by rip'ntear sho View Post
    yeah...i think hes talking about breaking the engine in....theres 2 methods:

1. The 'factory' way as described in the manual....or,

2. The 'greenhulk' way.......wide-open throttle from the beginning baby....

Do a forum search on 'break-in' as voodoo said....you will find alot....

And keep practicing your english...ur doing well...u'll get it soon=d>=d>
    i don't know anything about engines, so, can you explain why we need to do the break-in? Thanks

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pituco View Post
    i don't know anything about engines, so, can you explain why we need to do the break-in? Thanks
    http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

video below is breaking the engine in using the Greenhulk method......

***Don't try this at home!!!! 17, 000 RPM!!!***

i varied the throttle on my fzr for the first 20 minutes then hit it hard and ran a best of 69.4mph with 2 hrs. on ski

To break??? Good .. if I suppose that llamais is like that like there ... here we him(her) call the filming to this process from 0 hours to 10, and I surprise much what you say.
    Here we are in the habit of doing him the first 10 hours to the engine, without overcoming the 4000-5000 rpm

The thing with going too easy on it is you won't seat the rings in good. You have about a 30 minute window to start seating the rings or the cylinder walls start to glaze over. You have to hit the throttle and let off to build some pressure and heat to seat the rings. It's also important to keep varying your speed and throttle settings. The "manual" tells you to go easy because the manufacturer doesn't like warranty claims, they're not concerned with maximum performance. The guys with the fastest ski's break them in hard.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information