Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Race Question for CC racers

Hello everyone. I have a question concering which class to run. This will be my first year and I have my boat already set up for the stock class but now realize that the apba is not having a beginner stock class for RA's. My question is this. I have a 07 rxp and was wondering what might be the better class for me since now the rxp x's are basically taking over. Should I do the amateur 4 stroke stock class where some experts will be in or should I do the beginner limited class where racers can do a lot more mods to there boats? I know Im already at a disadvantage running a rxp but spending more money on mods to make the boat a limited class competitor (intercooler etc.) is not what I really want to do nor is getting a x boat this season a option. Any opinions (besides not telling me to race with this boat ) is greatly appreciated. Below is what I have as far as mods

worx grate, solas prop, air intake, sponsons, ecu flashed to 8650, valve retainers, and I believe thats it.

Thanks again for any feedback

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by toilets View Post
    Hello everyone. I have a question concering which class to run. This will be my first year and I have my boat already set up for the stock class but now realize that the apba is not having a beginner stock class for RA's. My question is this. I have a 07 rxp and was wondering what might be the better class for me since now the rxp x's are basically taking over. Should I do the amateur 4 stroke stock class where some experts will be in or should I do the beginner limited class where racers can do a lot more mods to there boats? I know Im already at a disadvantage running a rxp but spending more money on mods to make the boat a limited class competitor (intercooler etc.) is not what I really want to do nor is getting a x boat this season a option. Any opinions (besides not telling me to race with this boat ) is greatly appreciated. Below is what I have as far as mods

worx grate, solas prop, air intake, sponsons, ecu flashed to 8650, valve retainers, and I believe thats it.

Thanks again for any feedback
    Practice with Tweeker and see for yourself

definitely will be once it gets warmer!!! I just wanted to get a feel of anyone who might have raced those classes before

Test Pilot and Racer for Hire phoenixcustoms's Avatar
    Hey its not always about the power in CC.......Jawz is right Ask tweeker......Also PM mitch or scott wilk and ask them about Brian Baldwin....Your boat setup is ok man just practice......

I would like to welcome you tho the season its great that you are wanting to do this. I wish more would sign up like you.....Its the only way the sport is going to get better.....

If we can fill the lines in each class.......its going to help this sport like crazy....

+1
    Brian Baldwin is a really good rider. I watched him in 2007 win moto 2 of Pro 1200 Open on a borrowed stock class XPL with his skat pump.

I think you're setup for stock class is about all you can do. Definitely get out and practice as much as you can. Being able to ride at the same pace at lap 10 as you did lap 1 will help a lot.

Stick with the stock class rxp and since they are allowing ecu's the RXP will compete. The mods you listed are good. Just fine tune and as other's already said practice with a few riders. You have some great riders in your area. You can run your stock class boat in limited with very little disavantage. You will find that many riders use the stock boat in the limited class as well. You will want to run the beginner class the first few times since they spend some extra time with you to make sure you understand all the details of starts and the course. Once you get the hang of it then move up to Novice and the 4-stroke stock class.
    See you this summer!
    Duane

+1
    Beginner Limited?! That is really scarey!! I'd hate to be blasting into the first turn with a full lineup in that class. If there's a smaller lineup like 4-5 boats, you should be OK. Anything more than that, you might be better off chasing the pack in stock class. Either way, you'll gain valuable experience that only race conditions can serve up. Your ski is capable of placing in either class. Your, abilities will determine where that place will be.
    Good Luck.

WARNING: Once you line up, you're hooked for life!!

Quote Originally Posted by SKISURFONE View Post
    Beginner Limited?! That is really scarey!! I'd hate to be blasting into the first turn with a full lineup in that class. If there's a smaller lineup like 4-5 boats, you should be OK. Anything more than that, you might be better off chasing the pack in stock class. Either way, you'll gain valuable experience that only race conditions can serve up. Your ski is capable of placing in either class. Your, abilities will determine where that place will be.
    Good Luck.

WARNING: Once you line up, you're hooked for life!!

So true of a statement right there! Practice, practice, practice. I don't much about the Sea Doo setups, but just go out a race! You'll have the first time jitters for sure. Work on your condidioning, like Kens says, be able to ride on lap 10 the same way you rode on lap 1. Your arms get so tired. Go out, and have fun. Get the first race under your belt, enjoy the stock class for a year, because you'll want to dump more money into your boat next year! Good luck!

+1
    Best tip: (1) Alway's practice with riders that are better than you....follow them in their wash and learn the lines.
    (2) Pay particular attention to setting up bouy 2 when your at bouy 1 entrance.

(3) Practice with Tweeker....he is real smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by jawz View Post
    Best tip: (1) Alway's practice with riders that are better than you....follow them in their wash and learn the lines.
    (2) Pay particular attention to setting up bouy 2 when your at bouy 1 entrance.

(3) Practice with Tweeker....he is real smooth.

Great tips Jawz. You have to find them guys that are really good, and hope they take you under their wing Its tough to learn racing from Rec Riders. Align yourslef with the right people, be a sponge, take in EVERYTHING they give you, ask questions, lots of questions. Learning to ride in wash will REALLY help you. I got several tips from CC racers that really helped me on the course. Now if you grab the holeshot. Its all gravy from there, especially on a BIG KOW ski like a 250x! In general, it's tough to pass on CC if all racers are of equal talent, unless a major mistake is made. What do you think Jawz? You coming out to LB2CAT this year, put that boat of yours in some salt! Nothing like Florida Offshore challenge, we're talking 58 mile OFFSHORE into the big blue Pac. Ocean!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information