Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Which Kawasaki to buy

Hi all, Which one would you recommend Compare 2 Kawasaki Ultra LX and 250. Both are 2007 around 60 hours of use.

250 goes for $6500 (comes with 4 more years of warranty)
    ultra Lx - $5000

Thanks a lot

+1
    Only the LX if you always ride 2-3 up or if your kids will be using it.

Welcome to the Green Hulk!!

Of course, you should buy both!!

+1
    Well, 1500 dollars difference, and the 250 has the extended warranty. the warranty is 600-1000 bucks. so it sounds like they are close to the same price after extended warranty purchase. that is if the lx does not have the 4 year warranty as it sounds. It does depend on the owner and how well they took care of them..... but you should go the 250 if they are in similar condition. faster, looks nicer, better resale, worse fuel economy but gas aint bad right now. more maintenance with the 250, but easy stuff if you stay on this site.

If you are into speed go with the 250.
    If you are looking to cruise go with the LX.

Thank you for replies!

Just checked local dealer, they have new '08 Sea Doo GTI 130 for $7000 out of the door with taxes, registration etc... It can be financed.

Totally different machines, but what Pros will suggest - Kawi 250 '07 for $6500 (cash) w 60 hours or '08 Brand new Sea Doo Gti 130 w 0 hours for $7000 financed?

Sorry for noob question

What kind of maintenance do I have perform except oil and spark plugs change?

GTI?, that and the U250 are two totally diffrent rides. You need to decide how your gonna use it first. Its no fun playing catch up all the time if your gonna ride with people that got fast machines.

+1
    AKK,

Here's the problem, your question is akin to a guy walking into a dealership and asking the salesman: "Man, my wife and I would really enjoy the '06 Toyota Camary with its comfortable seats, great fuel mileage, and bumper-to-bumper warranty, but that red '94 Dodge Viper with no side windows or rear glass, absent radio and A/C and side pipes that are noisy as hell and burn your bare legs when you climb in and out sure catches my eye. Which one do you recommend?"

The 250X is fast, unruly, and devours gas. It also suffers from some key mechanical issues that have been addressed in posts here and resolved in the 2009 260X model. But again, its fast and fun, just like that Viper.

The GTI is not fast, but it is quick for its size and rugged. The GTI will last you a decade from now with little to no problems - and those large enough to cause concern should to absorbed by your aforemented warranty.

You're simply asking which do we recommend, apples or oranges?

+1
    As stated the GTI is the beginner ski that will be fun to ride for a while but will usually be boring after a while. It serves it's purpose as does the Kawi 12f but will not keep up with most other skis.

The other 2 like asked, how do you plan on using them and do you ride with others and what type of machines do they own?

One of the differences in the 250x and the LX is when you ride 60 miles you will have to fill up the 250X and all you will have to do is turn around and head back with the LX. The fuel consumptions isn't even close. As far as speed the 250x keeps up with most at I think 65 and the LX will cruise with some at 58 I believe. I haven't ridden either but have been with both in club rides. I like my 15f and the LX is just the 15f engine in a larger, deeper hull. I have put 260 hours on mine without any engine malfunctions. I have never needed to go with the supercharged skis as I like to cruise long distances and they hold you back.

No matter what you purchase I am sure you will love just being out on the water and you can always change your mind later and buy a new one.

+1
    A new Kawi 15F would be a better choice for about the same money, maybe a bit more. Performance should be better with the Kawi vs. the Seadoo as well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information