Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

FZ series rough sea handling

Have anyone tested the FZ series(FZR/FZS) in rough sea? I´m going to by a new PWC and want to drive some longdistance races and need a good ride. I have heard that the Kawasakis is the king in choppy water, but is the new FZR/S ore the FX SHO any good?

Rough Handling

I am interested in the FZS and would like to know also how it handles the rough water.I have a Kawasaki 250X currently and will buy the 260X if the FZS won't stay up in rough water.Using the regular unleaded fuel would be a big plus with the Yamaha though.

i will try to get out soon for some rough water testing on the fzr- its just been too cold lately-i will say the little bit off chop i ran through my first time out was nothing for the fzr vs. the rxpx which felt very skittish in the front end dancing back and forth and the yamaha was rock solid felt like i could have ridden with one hand on the bars in the same conditions as the seadoo where i was sqeezing the bars tight but need more saddle time for more accurate evaluation-a good friend of mine is a pro rider who i will take with me next time out for better feedback than me

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big raider View Post
    i will try to get out soon for some rough water testing on the fzr- its just been too cold lately-i will say the little bit off chop i ran through my first time out was nothing for the fzr vs. the rxpx which felt very skittish in the front end dancing back and forth and the yamaha was rock solid felt like i could have ridden with one hand on the bars in the same conditions as the seadoo where i was sqeezing the bars tight but need more saddle time for more accurate evaluation-a good friend of mine is a pro rider who i will take with me next time out for better feedback than me
    awesome man....keep us posted...

+1
    I would imagine the FZR would be just as good in the rough water (if not better) as any current 3 seater (except the Ultra). It is probably better than an RXT as it has a 2 inch length advantage and a better hull design for cutting through chop.

Being 11 inches longer than an RXP it should run right past it in the rough too.

I have proved the FZS and the FZR in roug sea and flat sea.
    My experience is that I have liked it ... many mas that my SHO CRUISER, my sho is mas easily to handle in rough sea but also many mas jumps that the FZ, bony that takes off of the sea...
    The FZ is mas playful and enterteining, in the navigation in rough sea recoje mas waters down that the sho and it has mas traction in the water. It is what mas I have liked...
    Also it has many bulging mas (reprix), I AM CHARMED WITH THIS PWC

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
    I am interested in the FZS and would like to know also how it handles the rough water.I have a Kawasaki 250X currently and will buy the 260X if the FZS won't stay up in rough water.Using the regular unleaded fuel would be a big plus with the Yamaha though.
    Team Wes-Tec had a stock FZR in the East End Surf Challenge in Grand Cayman which is a race that is partly offshore, out of about 10 modified Ultras and other bikes it was running in 4th place every lap and ended up placing 4th overall, 2 points behind third place.
    I personally have'nt rode it yet in big seas but hope to do it soon, I am 6'3" so i'll see how she handles with me.
    By watching this bike and how it was handling in the race,
    All i can say is WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by DP. View Post
    Team Wes-Tec had a stock FZR in the East End Surf Challenge in Grand Cayman which is a race that is partly offshore, out of about 10 modified Ultras and other bikes it was running in 4th place every lap and ended up placing 4th overall, 2 points behind third place.
    I personally have'nt rode it yet in big seas but hope to do it soon, I am 6'3" so i'll see how she handles with me.
    By watching this bike and how it was handling in the race,
    All i can say is WOW!

yup very impresive

good job Billy "Mad Goat"

I too can't wait to here the news about the FZR in heavy chop. I'm trying to decide which ski to buy next, the RXTX or the FZR!...

Quote Originally Posted by FRANKY G View Post
    I too can't wait to here the news about the FZR in heavy chop. I'm trying to decide which ski to buy next, the RXTX or the FZR!...
    let me get out one more time but my first impression was the fzr/fzs over the rxtx on the chop and to me the fzr feels smaller than the rxpx and definately the rxtx because of the way it handles but like ive said you really just have to ride it to understand

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information