Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RXPX 10 hour

RXPX 10 hour

What is a shop REALLY supposed to do at 10 hour maintenance and what's the usual cost?

+1
    Id get the 10 hr done at the dealer, Dealers hook your ski up to buds and check off in the ecu that the 10hr service has been done.

+1
    No need to take your ski in at 10 hours, complete waste of money.

They change the oil and oil filter and do a basic inspection of the ski and check torque on certain bolts/parts. Do a search and download the manual for your ski and it will show you everything you need to do.

If you have even the most basic of mechanical skills this is something you can do yourself. Just be sure to keep the reciepts for your oil and oil filter so you can prove you changed the oil.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    No need to take your ski in at 10 hours, complete waste of money.

They change the oil and oil filter and do a basic inspection of the ski and check torque on certain bolts/parts. Do a search and download the manual for your ski and it will show you everything you need to do.

If you have even the most basic of mechanical skills this is something you can do yourself. Just be sure to keep the reciepts for your oil and oil filter so you can prove you changed the oil.
    Will Seadoo give me any crap if I do this myself and have a warranty issue? Should I have have a warranty claim, I don't want them busting my balls because I did not let the dealer do the 10 hours service.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    Will Seadoo give me any crap if I do this myself and have a warranty issue? Should I have have a warranty claim, I don't want them busting my balls because I did not let the dealer do the 10 hours service.
    Everything I have ever read and talked with folks (including Jerry) about says no it is not an issue. It really is no different than paying Jiffy Lube to change the oil in your car as opposed to letting a certified dealer do it. Keep your reciepts (I kept my old oil filter also ) JUST in case.

+1
    Everything I have ever read and talked with folks (including Jerry) about says no it is not an issue. It really is no different than paying Jiffy Lube to change the oil in your car as opposed to letting a certified dealer do it. Keep your reciepts (I kept my old oil filter also ) JUST in case.
    Cool! Thanks bud.

Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post

I agree with Mpower. Complete waste to take it to a dealer. What I did is take a picture with my receipt, beside display sowing the hours of the ski, and again beside the VIN, so I have it documented that on such and such a date my ski had x number of hours and on the receipt it clearly shows the oil, filter etc. Now they can say that is not proof that the oil change was done, but at least you have something. They cannot force you to have the 10hr done at a dealer and it will not void your warranty if you do not.

But you will need to take an '08 or later ski in to have the 100-hour SC check/maintenance done, otherwise loose the remainder of your warranty. IIRC, you only have 5 hours to do this after you get the remoinder on the panel. And while the ski is there, I'm sure most dealers will want to do the 100-hour ski maintenance... Ron

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    But you will need to take an '08 or later ski in to have the 100-hour SC check/maintenance done, otherwise loose the remainder of your warranty. IIRC, you only have 5 hours to do this after you get the remoinder on the panel. And while the ski is there, I'm sure most dealers will want to do the 100-hour ski maintenance... Ron
    No dealer is touching my ski. At 100 hours my charger is going to Jerry and I will keep documentation for that as well.

The dealer I purchased my ski from put the wrong washers in my friends 05 RXP and grenaded the motor

No dealer is touching my ski. At 100 hours my charger is going to Jerry and I will keep documentation for that as well.

The dealer I purchased my ski from put the wrong washers in my friends 05 RXP and grenaded the motor
    My bud brought his 2006 RXP to the dealer for an oil change. He found a two stroke oil jug in the front storage bucket. He called the shop and they freaked and had him get right back there. What service. They leave the trash from the oil change in the ski and maybe put in the wrong oil. On second thought, good thing they left their trash in the ski I guess.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information