RXT-X grease points

Can someone tell me where are the grease points in the RXT-X ?
    How often should I grease those points if I ride in salt water?
    Thanks

Unless I missed something during the last few years, there are no grease fittings on the any of the 4-TEC skis. But, you should check the pump grease for water intrusion and change the seals/bearings as necessary... Ron

+1
    Big one is the throttle body, the fitting for it is on top of the engine cover.

+1
    thats not a "grease point" like zerk fitting.
    i dont think there are any zerk fittings on our skis anymore.
    you should rinse with water and spray down your engine with WD40 or similar
    after a ride.
    and lube steering/reverse cables under the handlebars and in the pump tunnel.
    as stated also spray fogging oil in the yellow nippel that lubes the intake tract.

Quote Originally Posted by lextoy View Post
    thats not a "grease point" like zerk fitting.
    i dont think there are any zerk fittings on our skis anymore.
    you should rinse with water and spray down your engine with WD40 or similar
    after a ride.
    and lube steering/reverse cables under the handlebars and in the pump tunnel.
    as stated also spray fogging oil in the yellow nippel that lubes the intake tract.
    If I spray some BRP XP-S lube spray into the yellow nippel, will it lubricate the throttle unit only, or will it also lubricate the s/c as well? Salt will eventually go through the intake into the i/c then the s/c and then the throttle body. A lot of engines normally have the oil blow-by tube connected from the top of the engine into the intake, so to also send a mist of oil into the intake and thus lubricate all intake parts, as well as keep the emissions low. Also the blow-by tube goes to the oil sump so as to recirculate the oil mist back into the oil.

Have heard that spraying the whole engine with WD40 is not recomended, as WD40 will attack the plastic/rubber items on the engine if used for a long period of time. After some time the plastic items will eventually crack due to the WD40 penetrating the plastic and displasing the water out of it. I use a solvent-free silicon spray,you could also use FF spray, so as not to attack the paint/plastic items in the engine area. Also it seems "cleaner" than the oily smelly WD40 and evaporates to leave no residue behind after 1-2 weeks.

"King if FUN" how do you check the pump grease? Is there a zerk fitting so to pump some grease into the pump bearings or are the bearings 'sealed for life' type?

The easiest way is to remove the pump, then remove the 3 allen-head screws that hold the pump cone on. Tap the cone with a rubber mallet while pulling it off. If there is no water in ther grease, just put the pump back together. Some will take the pump cone off with the pump still in the ski... Ron

Thank you all for your replies

Thread Information