Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    BLACK MAGIC HEADERS hydrojunkie's Avatar
    +1

Help me find a new area to move

MY WIFE AND I HAVE CONSIDERED SELLING OUR HOME HERE IN LONG ISLAND NEW YORK.. CURRENTLY I HAVE A BRAND NEW 2 STORY HOUSE ON AN ACRE WITH A 3 CAR GARAGE.HOUSE IS 3500 SQUARE FEET.

WERE ARE USE TO LIVING AWAY FROM OUR NEIGHBORS MEANING NOT ON TOP OF ONE ANOTHER.

LOOKING TO MOVE TO A WARMER YEAR ROUND CLIMATE SUCH AS FLORIDA TEXAS AND SO ON.NOT TO TO HOT AND HUMID ALL THE TIME.

I WAS WONDERING IF YOU GUYS COULD HELP ME PIC OUT A NICE AREA WITH GOOD LAND.

PLEASE HELP

Banned User
    Jason,

I don't want anyone to take this wrong but Florida is the best spot in the world for a guy like you to live; major storms every year, warm climate, areas with acres of land(up by PBJ), year round jet-skiing and Malls everywhere for Mrs. Hyrojunkie I worked in Houston, Texas for 7 weeks back in Hurricane season and all I got to say about that is if your not making big bucks working for the oil companies, Don't waste your time.. I found it to be very flat and boring...most of all, very different than where your coming from. Florida is a extention of New York in alot of ways, you'll find the move an easy one to make.

Any questions about the area or just in general, let me know.

Alex

moving

I moved from just outside of Chicago to Clermont Florida 4 years ago. My wife wanted to be near Orlando. Has some good points kids like to come to the attractions. Were toward the middle of the state it helps with house insurance, there are some nice rivers and chain of lakes. Some areas are still rural also. Hour drive to salt water. If you need info let me know also.

Tim

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by alex13 View Post
    jason,

i don't want anyone to take this wrong but florida is the best spot in the world for a guy like you to live; major storms every year, warm climate, areas with acres of land(up by pbj), year round jet-skiing and malls everywhere for mrs. Hyrojunkie i worked in houston, texas for 7 weeks back in hurricane season and all i got to say about that is if your not making big bucks working for the oil companies, don't waste your time.. I found it to be very flat and boring...most of all, very different than where your coming from. Florida is a extention of new york in alot of ways, you'll find the move an easy one to make.

Any questions about the area or just in general, let me know.

Alex

alex awesome write up.i think in the end it will be florida but it's nice to know other options. Kinda like if you had the choice to move anywhere where would you go.

I think florida would be great too like storms,work for me,jet sking.
    Just now where in florida with land..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by divin10 View Post
    i moved from just outside of chicago to clermont florida 4 years ago. My wife wanted to be near orlando. Has some good points kids like to come to the attractions. Were toward the middle of the state it helps with house insurance, there are some nice rivers and chain of lakes. Some areas are still rural also. Hour drive to salt water. If you need info let me know also.

Tim
    sure tim info would be great..thanks =d> =d>

moving

Let me know what you are looking for and I'll see what i can do. Feel free to PM me

What about NC? I have 2 cousins that live there and the weather may not be florida weather but it is nice all year and there is deff alot of land down there.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gpr_redneck View Post
    what about nc? I have 2 cousins that live there and the weather may not be florida weather but it is nice all year and there is deff alot of land down there.

nc and sc are non union states.i can work there but i will loose my journeyman lineman ticket with the union.belive me i thought about it

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrojunkie View Post
    alex awesome write up.i think in the end it will be florida but it's nice to know other options. Kinda like if you had the choice to move anywhere where would you go.

I think florida would be great too like storms,work for me,jet sking.
    Just now where in florida with land..
    Lot's of land down here If your willing to go west of turnpike around West Palm Beach you can find nice properties.. With the enconomy the way it is properties down here have tanked in value, now's the time!!

+1
    There was a news story about all the land available in Florida. I discused moving there with my wife. Hydro...Its the place to go!!! There could not be a better time. We had a time share in Orlando. We loved going there. We went in October and still came home suntan.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information