Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

How do YOU keep someone from stealing your jetski?

I bought a used 99 ultra 150 on ebay and on the way home with it my family and I stoped in Atlanta at the Georgia aquarium and I parked the truck and ski in a paid parking lot with an attendant. A few hours later when we returned to the truck someone had cut the chain with lock and the lock that actually goes thru the hitch and stole the traile and jetski. My question is how do you guys keep some one from stealing your ski or your trailer from you truck while your on a ride? I thought mine was safe but these guys wanted it and they got it. ( and if by some chance the person who stole it is reading my post please tell me how to keep you from stealing another one and I hope you drown next time you ride my ski)
    Last edited by ultraskiit; 01-28-2009 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Typo

+1
    That really sucks Ultra. Seems there is no amount of locks or security that keep these people from getting what they want. Can't believe the attendant didn't see anything.

When ever I have to park somewhere with the skis I try to jacknife the truck and trailor to the point where its physically impossible to get the boats without moving the truck.

I think the attendant called some buddies and thats where the ski went. The attendant and the ski was gone when I got back to the truck. the police said there was nothing they could do to the attendant because you park at those lots at your own risk even if you pay. So beware!! the police also said recovering a stolen jetski was rare and asked if someone had ever checked the hull Id number in the time I had been riding skis? I couldn't remember ever having it checked, as long as the sticker is on the ski no one checks further.

Quote Originally Posted by ultraskiit View Post
    I think the attendant called some buddies and thats where the ski went. The attendant and the ski was gone when I got back to the truck. .
    I had a security guard at a construction zone pull that crap to my vehicle that was in storage 20 feet from him!
    First off I won't leave my ski anywhere they are to easy to snag , on the one that is on the side of my house I use a grate to trailer steering wheel type lock and a tongue lock all this behind a locked gate , my @6 foot boat sometimes has to stay in front of my house before a trip , It has a viper alarm with proximity sensors
    and I still will sleep on it while it's out there

+1
    That really sucks.

On that note, has anyone tried or know of any GPS tracking security device that works well with jetskis?

There are so many out there. Here are a couple that are also waterproof;

http://www.gpstn.net/boat_tracking.htm

http://www.omniscout.com/en/products.html

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tempest.runner View Post
    That really sucks.

On that note, has anyone tried or know of any GPS tracking security device that works well with jetskis?

There are so many out there. Here are a couple that are also waterproof;

http://www.gpstn.net/boat_tracking.htm

http://www.omniscout.com/en/products.html
    I think Tomgtv on the site knows of a good GPS tracking setup.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i always try to back into a corner of a building... so you have a building wall behind the ski and on one side of you. or if you find a dumpster on the premises, back the trailer in tight against the dumpster and against a building wall behind you as close as possible.

dont really matter what locks you put on there tho, if they want it, they'll take it.

can't believe it happened on yuor way home from buying the thing! damn that sucks! sorry to hear.

go check the guy you bought it from driveway... maybe he followed you after you bought it and stole it back, lol

I parked with a building on one side and a loading dock behind and a car on the other side so whoever took it waited for the car to leave. It was also parked within sight of a policeman directing traffic.

I never got to put my butt on the seat!!! And talk about a sick feeling when I saw that it was gone.

Allways call your INS agent and put coverage on your new ski before you take it off the lot!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I think Tomgtv on the site knows of a good GPS tracking setup.
    I'd send him a message asking him about that, but I can't figure out how to send private messages!

Quote Originally Posted by ultraskiit View Post
    I parked with a building on one side and a loading dock behind and a car on the other side so whoever took it waited for the car to leave. It was also parked within sight of a policeman directing traffic.

I never got to put my butt on the seat!!! And talk about a sick feeling when I saw that it was gone.

Allways call your INS agent and put coverage on your new ski before you take it off the lot!
    You may still be covered ! have you checked ?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information