Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question on Superchargers

OK guys I know Im probably beating a dead horse here but my question is: Is there a tread anywhere here that an individual can go to and find a break down or a study comparing all available currently known Superchargers? I would like to know requiments for each, psi output from stock to I guess 2Rude. The pros and cons of each. Im currently eye balling the X Charger but just not convinced yet 'cause of the oil problem reported. I know theres plenty of info. in the forum but it just seems that I would have to read a gazzilion treads to get to the nitty griddy. Im mostly consentrating on top end for my current setup and looking for ways to pass the 75 barrier and leave room for expansion. Thanks for any imput. Let me know if theres a sticky on this subject.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    I know theres plenty of info. in the forum but it just seems that I would have to read a gazzilion treads to get to the nitty griddy.
    I hate to say it but - Yep you should read.

+1
    Gun u can read for days and get a BAZILLION different opinions and answers about the same issue u r pondering with the oil injestion into the charger..............some BLOW OIL........... some DONT.......whether its a 2007 motor with the rear 08 charger housing OR even an 08 motor with the 08 rear housing oiler hole and the 08 motor internal oil sprayer............with u adding the 08 housing (which your gonna get on any aftermarket OR X charger) it already has the oiler hole in it anyway..............however your boat does not have the oiler sprayer in the motor which makes it less likely to have the problem to begin with...........UNLESS as i already said its a 08 motor with the charger oiler hole and the internal 08 oil sprayer in the motor...... anyway i would step up and get a 2Rude or ET140 Xtreme along with a RRFPR and never look back..............u then have room for expansion as u yourself suggested your looking for in your next charger...................GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

+1
    KC! Here's some info that might help: http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59379

Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    Gun u can read for days and get a BAZILLION different opinions and answers about the same issue u r pondering with the oil injestion into the charger..............some BLOW OIL........... some DONT.......whether its a 2007 motor with the rear 08 charger housing OR even an 08 motor with the 08 rear housing oiler hole and the 08 motor internal oil sprayer............with u adding the 08 housing (which your gonna get on any aftermarket OR X charger) it already has the oiler hole in it anyway..............however your boat does not have the oiler sprayer in the motor which makes it less likely to have the problem to begin with...........UNLESS as i already said its a 08 motor with the charger oiler hole and the internal 08 oil sprayer in the motor...... anyway i would step up and get a 2Rude or ET140 Xtreme along with a RRFPR and never look back..............u then u have room for expansion as u yourself suggested your looking for in youe next charger...................GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!
    Reid thanks for chiming on the subject but wouldn't I have to change my ecu if I went with the ET140 or the 2Rude? I was under the impression that I would have to do a slew of other mods besides what I currently have to be able to take advantage of the full potential on these 2 chargers. By the way Reid congrats on your name showing up on the latest issue of Ride, ( they had an article on the Hydrodrags from November).

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    KC! Here's some info that might help: http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59379
    Brotherman J thanks for the info. The crew from Top Secret Racing say Hi!

+1
    Reid thanks for chiming on the subject but wouldn't I have to change my ecu if I went with the ET140 or the 2Rude? I was under the impression that I would have to do a slew of other mods besides what I currently have to be able to take advantage of the full potential on these 2 chargers. By the way Reid congrats on your name showing up on the latest issue of Ride, ( they had an article on the Hydrodrags from November).
    To run either one of those chargers on the stock ECU you will need the RRFPR, 50 LBS. injectors, Repitched 15/20 and the reduction nozzle and a wide band a/f gauge also 4 in. intake for sure. I just bought Reids ET140 and im running w/ everything in my sig. Haveent been out yet as its all frozen here in Ohio. To run the 50s I will turn my base pressure down to around 45 psi and go from there.

+1
    YES if u want FULL POTENTIAL u will need a 8600 Riva ECU, and Riva Spring kit BUT just like GOLD MAN said a RRFPR and 50# injectors will cut it with the stock ecu @ 8100 and as u were wanting u will have the potential for GROWTH with either charger and obtaining the ecu and valve train kit later if u so choose and thus gettting full potential from either unit...........i didnt see my name in the mag but thanks for telling me about it..............did u ever get the videos made from the drags as i would really like to see them..........email me if u can @ [email protected] ...thanks Gun!

Thanks again for the suggestions guys! Steveyour name appears on page 51 of the January/February issue of Ride (I just got mine yesterday). As for the video I pretty much have a lot of video and yes you are in it. I can send you your race or if you want I can send you the whole thing on cd I just have to put it thru the editors program I have, the mc at the event talked more shit than you would probably want to hear, but I can hook you up, just let me know what you want.

+1
    Gun i tried to PM u about the races......... i would like u to email me the races i did if u could BUT i would also like a disc of it all and maybe can get that from u when i see u in April my man! either way heres my email again......thanks in advance........ [email protected]

p.s. sorry to get off your thread topic SUPA TRUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information