Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Honda Purchace

Honda Purchace

Hello, I currently have a 2008 Yamaha VX Cruiser, and a 2002 SeaDoo GTI. Both good PWCs, came across a brand new left over 2006 Honda Aquatrax F12X for 8,000. I was told this machine was about 10,500 in 2006. 800 for an additional 3 year warantee to make it 4 years total.

Need advice. How does the Honda compare to new Yamahas and new Seadoos? Is this a good price? I don't see a lot of Hondas around, it looks like a kick ass machine and I'm assuming its as reliable as other Honda products.......just a little nervous because I don't see many Hondas around. Any problems anyone can think of about a machine sitting around for two years in a crate? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
    Ed

ive got an 04 R-12X that was bought in 07 after sitting around for 3 years. Runs great, im thinking about getting another one too or an F-12x. whatever i can get a good deal on.

Quote Originally Posted by TBirdEd76 View Post
    Hello, I currently have a 2008 Yamaha VX Cruiser, and a 2002 SeaDoo GTI. Both good PWCs, came across a brand new left over 2006 Honda Aquatrax F12X for 8,000. I was told this machine was about 10,500 in 2006. 800 for an additional 3 year warantee to make it 4 years total.

Need advice. How does the Honda compare to new Yamahas and new Seadoos? Is this a good price? I don't see a lot of Hondas around, it looks like a kick ass machine and I'm assuming its as reliable as other Honda products.......just a little nervous because I don't see many Hondas around. Any problems anyone can think of about a machine sitting around for two years in a crate? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
    Ed
    The F12x is how you describe your other 2 ski's. A good one. It's not flamingly fast, or extremely nimble, just a good all around ski (which is what most Honda products are notoriously known for). I can't compare it to the ski's you mentioned having never ridden them, but for my first ski, I was very Happy with all aspects of the machine. Storage is great, operation is easy and enjoyable, the performance is good fun, and the maintenance is straightforward and simple. Even now though, 8 G's seems like there could be a little more room for the dealer to move. Right now, 3 years later I could see them going for below dealer cost. A little CRC 6-56 on the turbo, maintenance joint, and waste-gate link, oil & filter change at 50 hrs, and your good to go for a long while. There aren't a lot of available aftermarket performance mods, but there are some people here that have made the ski's ride-ability a lot better. All in all, if you want a good reliable ski to add to your collection, the Honda most likely will never let you down. I say go for it.

PS - Honda owners lurk in the shadows, preferring to stay away from the mainstream........just kidding. We're out there, way out there! lol

8gs is brand new tho, still you think its a little high? i've seen used 06s going for that.......want to buy this pwc in the worst way, ppl on the yamaha and seadoo forms are generally sugjesting i stick with either the yamaha, seadoo, or kawasaki........thoughts?

+1
    8gs is brand new tho, still you think its a little high? i've seen used 06s going for that.......want to buy this pwc in the worst way, ppl on the yamaha and seadoo forms are generally sugjesting i stick with either the yamaha, seadoo, or kawasaki........thoughts?
    Price is a little high for an 06 that they obviously can't sell. Good reliable ski though. The honda will not be as exciting as the supercharged seadoo or yamaha but cheaper in the long run.
    See if they will throw in the extended warranty or something else to make a sale. Don't buy the kawasaki IMO, i was very dissapointed in the Ultra 250.

I bought mine last year (February 08 ) for 8200, just for the ski. Paid cost for the 3 year HPP. There's room for them to move. It's not a bad price at all for a brand new 4 stroke turbo 3 seater watercraft. That can't be disputed, but it's not rock bottom either. For a 3 year old ski, they should be making sure you don't walk away. I bought the Honda because I'm a Honda guy, not to have the most bitchin' watercraft. I looked at the posts, saw some of the negativity toward the Honda, but I knew what it was all about when I finally bought it. Even if the Honda did have problems, I still would have bought it. Not knowing the other craft's pricing, can you get a Brand new 1200 cc Turbo/Supercharged 3 seater Yami, etc for 8 G's? Probably not, so I say again, go for it.

+1
    if car sales are down 40%, how much do you think these sales will be down.? I think it's about 1000 high but i am known to walk away from more deals than I close. Last yr i bought my 13hr 2006 rxp for 5500 and the 2006 double tritan elite for 500.

lowball 'em and leave your number..it's end of month, they should bite within two days.

like your idea, maybe i'll tell them cut a thousand off or give me the extended warantee or no deal

Hi,
    I just bought a 2006 F12X in NJ brand new (Dec 27,200 for $7099.00 plus set-up of $195, 3 year extended $500, documentation fee from dealer $85. This does not include sales tax and title fee of $15.
    My purchase out the door including sales tax was $8439.58 to be exact.

good luck, also keep in mind that these skis fetch different prices in different regions and markets.
    T

+1
    You might want to look for a used one in good shape. Although the ski you'r considering is new, the moment you touch the water with it you will have a used three year old ski with an average retail of $6580 (NADA). I owned a F12X and loved it until I rode a Kawasaki 15F, about the same top speed and fuel mileage but much better off the line. If the turbo lag of the Honda doesn't bother you, then you'll love it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information