08's have ceramic washer?

am completely new to this site, so hi to all. I have read elsewhere the 07's and 08's seadoo PWC's do not have ceramic washers in the, instead Titanium coated washers. Any one know the truth? I plan on buying a brand new 08 RXT this weekend! After a lot of reading I want to keep it as stock as possible. My question being should I upgrade to new ceramic ball bearings in place of the steel currently in place (as suggested in an other post)?

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=452

I have also read titanium coated washes (supposedly installed in all 07 and 08 PWC's) tend to slip. Should I have them also replaced with the regular metal ones as suggested (assuming the ones already in are in fact not ceramic)? The simple answer is of course yes because its worth the peace of mind and not that much money considering I am buying it brand new. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

+1
    08's have metal washers that are Ti coated.

They have been known to break in high boost superchargers. I wouldn't worry with it on a stock'ish supercharger. I wouldn't worry about the bearings either. Just do a fresh rebuild every 100 hours and you are good to go.

Welcome to the forum

Thanks!

I read all the suggestions for buying a brand new PWC from Seadoo and info on the 08s is kind of thin. Is there anything else I know about the 08's that I have not addressed, besides just doing the regular suggested maintenance? Would it be worth my while to get the 09 in stead? I can't seem to see a difference between the two. I just want a consistent reliable machine with a minimal amount of headaches.

Thanks for responding so fast.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mkrince View Post
    I read all the suggestions for buying a brand new PWC from Seadoo and info on the 08s is kind of thin. Is there anything else I know about the 08's that I have not addressed, besides just doing the regular suggested maintenance? Would it be worth my while to get the 09 in stead? I can't seem to see a difference between the two. I just want a consistent reliable machine with a minimal amount of headaches.

Thanks for responding so fast.
    Unless you get into the IS skis the 08's and 09's are the same except for the color on some models.

I want a fast ski...Faster than that.
    Jerry, on the note of washer mishaps. Bruce is putting a new motor in mine. It evidently chipped a tooth on the timing chain gear (?) Instead of cracking the motor, he's just going to put a new one in. So hopefuly by next Wednsday I'll be able to ride my new toy that I got a month ago and haven't rode. I don't know if to be mad at the looser that took advantage of my ignorance when I bought it, or be happy that I now have a basically new bike.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by clouless View Post
    Jerry, on the note of washer mishaps. Bruce is putting a new motor in mine. It evidently chipped a tooth on the timing chain gear (?) Instead of cracking the motor, he's just going to put a new one in. So hopefuly by next Wednsday I'll be able to ride my new toy that I got a month ago and haven't rode. I don't know if to be mad at the looser that took advantage of my ignorance when I bought it, or be happy that I now have a basically new bike.
    Dustin, i would be happy. New engine? Awesome

Bruce is da man!

I want a fast ski...Faster than that.
    I'm giving Bruce a hug when I see him. On a different and totally off subject question, What should a used gauge cluster go for?

08 sportboats have ceramics ,right jerry?

Thread Information