Thread: RXT handle bars

RXT handle bars

Hi,

The handle bar on my RXT has about 2mm play in it. It moves in a back/forward direction, almost as if the steering shaft is lose.

Anyone had this problem? My old 03 GTX never had this issue and I do not recall any shims in the steering column when I did work on the 03 GTX.

Anyone had this issue with an 07 RXT? It s bit annoying when going over chop and the steering bars move like they do. Its almost like its missing a washer or something in the steering column.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by XtRmn8 View Post
    Hi,

The handle bar on my RXT has about 2mm play in it. It moves in a back/forward direction, almost as if the steering shaft is lose.

Anyone had this problem? My old 03 GTX never had this issue and I do not recall any shims in the steering column when I did work on the 03 GTX.

Anyone had this issue with an 07 RXT? It s bit annoying when going over chop and the steering bars move like they do. Its almost like its missing a washer or something in the steering column.

Cheers
    Same my RXT-2007

+1
    xtrmn8,

i'll see you sunday and show you how to fix it.. .. its a pain, my does it when i have wavejumped alot.... it has done it 3 times in 110 hrs!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by retro_racer View Post
    xtrmn8,

i'll see you sunday and show you how to fix it.. .. its a pain, my does it when i have wavejumped alot.... it has done it 3 times in 110 hrs!!!!
    i hope you can explain how to fix it ...

+1
    i'll take some pics.. i had to grind away some of the plastic so i could access the nut everytime...

you will need a 7mm allen key and a damn strong pair of needle nose clamps.. and a dremel... or some sort of grinding wheel and a drill bit to start the wheel in....

as mine is already done, maybe once i show xtrmn8, he can post up a step by step instruction

retro, mine being a US import does not have the adjustable handle bars like the 07 AU model. I hope the fix still applies, otherwise I will be ripping the entire housing out and going over it. It is a bit annoying in the chop

See you Sunday.

Same problem on 07 GTX Wake. Dealer says it's normal, but I don't remember it that way when new. Only 30 hours on ski.

+1
    My steering got loose after the first 10-15 hours and I discovered the nuts inside the ski where the steering block mounts were a little loose. I think the fiberglass was compressing under the washers a little bit. Tightened the nuts and haven't had a problem since (now 30 hours). It only moved a tiny amount under hard turns but was enough to make me wonder wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaGoat View Post
    My steering got loose after the first 10-15 hours and I discovered the nuts inside the ski where the steering block mounts were a little loose. I think the fiberglass was compressing under the washers a little bit. Tightened the nuts and haven't had a problem since (now 30 hours). It only moved a tiny amount under hard turns but was enough to make me wonder wtf.
    I already checked this and wish it were that simple The bars move forward/backward and the base unit doesn't move.

Thread Information