Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Opinions Welcomed and Needed....

Well after pulling my motor from my damaged hull i tore it down and noticed that the crank is in really bad shape. I purchased a used crank and sent it to get trued and welded by crank works. I also have intentions to purchase a top end bored out to 1375 with CDI tuned already. Im searching for some Carbs but im stuck...i have two decsions which are....

1. Buy a set of used Stock Carbs worked on already by Pro-Tec and jetted with the Tripple pipe specs and purchase tripple pipes.

2. Keep searching for another set of carbs and keep the exhaust stock with D-Plate and enjoy it and the money in my pocket and in the future maybe go triple if i feel it necessary.

I mainly do rough water riding and mostly for pleasure but at the same time i like to always have more that what i need for the just in case days.

Which option would you choose?

I understand that the triples loosen under rough conditions .. that alone would keep me away from them.
    Go stock for the real rough stuff..

+1
    The speed is hard to beat with the triples, but from what I've seen, you constantly have to tinker with them... especially the rougher the riding conditions.

Best to stay with the single piped versions. Besides, the single pipers these days are putting out serious reliable speeds. Unless I was just flat out drag racing all the time, I'd stick to the single piper.

+1
    i would go with option two (just my opinion). tripples are fun, fast, and furious but come with lots of headaches, lots of broken parts, and lots of wrenching.

If you are looking for just fun recreational riding at speeds faster than 99% of all the other ski's at your riding area, then this can be done relatively cheaper (compared to tripples) by staying with the single pipe.

There are many mods out there that are helping people get to the speeds that they are looking for without ever really doing anything major under the seat.

There are lots of options out there for you. Props are done by Erik at Speedfreaks, Dave at Impros, Carl at Island Racing, ect...

Ride plates are available through R&D Performance, Riva, Jim, Carl, and several other vendors----the list goes on and on when dealing with parts and different services.

Good luck with your decisions and enjoy your summer.. Please post any questions that you may have - there are no stupid ones i promise. I still learn lots here every single day.

I too would stick with the single pipe, reliable and fast.

what would be a good impeller to go with for Option two? I also need a crank case and carbs if anyone has a set for sale?

+1
    what year is your pump? is it a Concord (2000-2004) or the high pressure pump (05 & 06)??

This will determine pitch (along with your modifications, which you have already listed).

I have the 2002 pump and i dont want to change it atleast not for now....

Also had a question the intermediate drive shaft has a bit of play by the bearing its so small you cant notice should i change it out or am i being anal about it?

Thanks for the help!

+1
    with a 2002 pump and 1375cc's- I would have a Solas Concord Repitched To about 15/24. I am guessing your piston size is about 86.5mm each.

I would also replace the bearing- especially if it's been in there since 2002. Better safe than sorry. I hope that this helps.

Does help man... can any one swap out the bearing? it looks like im going to need a press. Also who should i contact for the Impeller? i was thiking island racing.
    Anothe question how can i tell if the hull i bought has a PPK installed

PS> you are correct about the piston size..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information